Rough running bugeye

Aaronh

Sunday Drivers
Hey all I finally got my hands on the 01 wrx :icon_grin: now the bad part I drove home over an hour with no problems what so ever, now this morn its driving really rough with a misfire :icon_cry: I won't get a chance to get a computer at it till the end of the week! Any ideas what I could be looking at?

Hey all I finally got my hands on the 01 wrx :icon_grin: now the bad part I drove home over an hour with no problems what so ever, now this morn its driving really rough with a misfire :icon_cry: I won't get a chance to get a computer at it till the end of the week! Any ideas what I could be looking at?

Start with the simple things, New plugs sorted me, the same symptoms as you, go from there then????

First thing . Read the codes then take it from there . The light is staying for a reason ????

It will be Wednesday hopefully before I can get it on a computer, all I can do now is leave it parked up I'm afraid to drive it!

Ok wait till Wednesday then :thumbsup:you could have a look at the leads and plugs if your handy with the spanners . Start the car and take off 1 coil lead at a time and see does it make any differences with 1 removed it should tick over worse .

Its going in tomorrow eve I hope to god its not serious I only have the car since Friday eve not a good start atall:icon_cry:

I'm in navan myself Mac Mac but I got hold of some body who is going to look at it in the next half hour hopefully it goes well! Thanks all who would go out of there way to help much appreciated:clap:

So got the car on a computer and its bringing up p0304 misfire cyl 4 and p1235 misfire malfunction so we reckon a coil and 4 plugs?? Had a good poke at the engine and it seems healthy other wise!

Last edited:
I would start with plugs and do one thing at a time it will also help your trouble shooting have a good look at ones you take out and see condition I think zheiko was selling leads might still have them they where reduced price no harm in changing if giving faults do u have last time plugs changed on service if not might be long over and best to do a full service money well spent
Best of luck with new motor [emoji106]

Back