Where to get steel pipes?

Zheiko

Octane Boostaholics
Hey, as title says, I am wondering where in Ireland could one get a set of steel pipes? I would like to try some welding and maybe attempt to create Muffler delete for the Toyota, should be easy enough. Just not sure where to get cheap materials in this country. In my country you go into BnQ alternative(obi) and they have everything DIY, but finding it hard to source anything here.

Any recommendations? Thanks

Hey, as title says, I am wondering where in Ireland could one get a set of steel pipes? I would like to try some welding and maybe attempt to create Muffler delete for the Toyota, should be easy enough. Just not sure where to get cheap materials in this country. In my country you go into BnQ alternative(obi) and they have everything DIY, but finding it hard to source anything here.

Any recommendations? Thanks

Try a local welding place and see if they have any off cuts they can give you to practice with.

Think gttjohn works in a steel fabrication place and done some exhaust work on his legacy

Sent from my E6833 using Tapatalk

bump, still no idea where I can get some piping. Some store where they sell different kinds so I can choose the right lenght, bend and width of steel?

bump, still no idea where I can get some piping. Some store where they sell different kinds so I can choose the right lenght, bend and width of steel?

Start practicing with off cuts. Have a chat with the lads here http://exhaustworxdublin.com/ExhaustWorx/ get them to advise on what grade/diameters to use, and where they get it.

Also these lads beside my friends garage BMD motors in Drumcondra were great help when he wanted to weld up his own exhaust for his Catalunya. http://www.bhfwelding.ie/ Their unit is right beside his on Richmond Road.

Hevac in santry sell GB mild steel pipes screw in blanks but are mainly a plumbing place but would sell limited bits for what you looking for that's where gttjohn got his I think. Or if you want to go stainless pipes total stainless in coolock sell all bends flanges etc but would need a tig welder or could tack it with an arch and leave it into get done
Ps I have some 2inch stainless on a job you can have it if you want hope this helps

Hey
I’m Plumber by trade and I can tell you GB mild steel is far too heavy for exhaust work ,I would go for a lighter steel or stainless,then get someone who knows how to TIG or MiG properly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back