The Cause of the Ford Focus RS Head Gasket Issues Has Been Discovered

don't think the head gasket will be the end of the rs problems.

it's a completely open deck motor running serious power and stress and leaves it's self open to block problems , even the problematic ej25 has better cylinder support compared to the focus block. I'd be willing to bet that this is a panic fix from ford , probably would have been better off ignoring the problem like Subaru did

Screenshot_20171229-092728.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171229-092429.png
    Screenshot_20171229-092429.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 152
  • Screenshot_20171229-092728.png
    Screenshot_20171229-092728.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 156
Last edited:
potential fix

rumour mill still possibly but talk of a fix from ford being announced imminent, in next few days, all cars up to July 2017 build being brought in the replace head gasket at the minimum

I went from the Subaru 2.5 block to this. I never had an issue with the sti and had for 6 years or so, albeit low mileage. not worried about it as I am assuming any issues will be sorted under warranty but lingering concerns likely to hit resale in the future if the fix proposed doesn’t sort.

but at least ford are admitting that there is an issue and are willing to resolve .

Subaru still don't recognise the hg and crappy pistons as an issue 10 years on .

Iv been working for ford for 24 years, they always are upfront with customers, when a fix is engineered they will contact customers and sort it out iv no doubt on that and it will sort the issue. Ford provide an excellent warranty

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk

Recall and hg replacement confirmed in the us now. I guess they’ll get around to Ireland soon fairly soon. just need to get the right garage to do the work next.

Fair play to ford I guess for sorting head(no pun intended) on, though they probably didn’t have much choice if it’s an obvious manufacturing defect and has affected a reasonable number of low mileage cars

Estimates of 5k plus cars in Uk alone, that’s gonna cost a lotta cash

Last edited:
Back