What’s Santa bringing

+1
Black be nice too. With a coloured logo.. Maybe white or something be nice

blue with red its too much of a rainbow to me. Also there is a hudge price gap between new set and used set that you can use for something else. They come up often if you keep your eyes peeled :54:

All those parts come up often. You don’t have to be buying new. Tommy and myself are like eagles in trees watching websites for parts on a daily basis. I see Turinis turn up often in decent condition in the UK. €100 or less to get them over here and a quick spray if needed and away you go.

Any hope of the blob back on the road anytime soon Tom?

I dont think so. I had a plan to address few of the issues, put her through nct and then sell and buy mk1 legacy. But with current prices and availabilities looks like l will have to add money :facepalm: I have a set of 4 new tires ready just waiting on a fellow that l gave my nct exhaust to return it as its coming to a year since l gave it to him :facepalm: the car should fly as only 2-3k mls after last nct and then l will see what lm doing.

I think black aps look deadly gary going new id say a pretty penny are you going big with them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe the black at moment was on the fence with reds just thinking something different. I have being having a small bit of bother under a few heavy stops with current fronts think front left is sticking a bit. A bit of a vibration when really hot too. So instead of spending money on refurb new pads discs etc I’ll just get what I have been thinking about for a good while. hate buying stuff twice.
On agm was behind grahamo there some stoppers was struggling to slow down at same rate and lads swear by them. Don’t get me wrong brembos are serious brakes too

Well technically you can respray them any color you want l did mine in gold. As for the brembo you need to rebuild them one way or another if you want to sell them. Funny enough 4 pot gold brembo were more chunky than 6pot AP's.

Happy Crimbo lads

Santa got a upgrade this year
f1852abe4c7e1df84e78650f4b4a7aef.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

@Gary
Just thinking now Toto has the red front and rear AP's on his wrc replica blob. Dig for photos off his car and you should see how they look on blue blob :54:

On the longevity of the black AP’s mine are 8 years old and still look ok.
They have gone a charcoal colour now from use and wheel cleaner.
Yellow is still perfect.

Not sure a red would hold up as long with day to day driving.

On the longevity of the black AP’s mine are 8 years old and still look ok.
They have gone a charcoal colour now from use and wheel cleaner.
Yellow is still perfect.

Not sure a red would hold up as long with day to day driving.

How would you rate them as in differences between original setup and would you consider a must after having them previously

How would you rate them as in differences between original setup and would you consider a must after having them previously

To be fair Gary the gold Brembo’s were fantastic on track and fast road.
I always found the Brembo’s fantastic with DS2500, braided lines and RBF 600 fluid

I’ve tired every performance pad going and I’ve stuck with them for years.

The only difference with same other bits, was the Brembo’s pedal feel was
Not rock hard and feeling was slightly vague.

It’s a personal preference really about brake pedal feel!

I love wearing race shoes (thin sole/grip) and the AP’s, that set up let’s me just use the ball of
My right foot gently... under hard braking.

The Brembo’s I had to push very hard using all of my foot.... if you get me??

Just being honest and it may make no sense to you till you try the AP’s....???

The major factor in my set up now is, when you want to brake and your mind is telling you to brake now!!!

You realise you don’t have to!! It’s all way later and later and then brake!

It’s an eye opener really.

Road use maybe not so much than track use..... but on the road when you need to stop in a hurry they will not let you down.

Saved me in the wet on motorways when it all just stops!! Many times!!

So another year has rolled around already :eek7:. Not getting much off santa this year as he?s broke But maybe a couple of go jacks for the shed to move cars around , and some socks ????

Santa said if he sells his current wheels, he can get another set that fits a tad bit better.

Well maybe if I can find one a boot wing something nice and might go the wide track bumper route we?ll see

Thread revival
Not getting a whole lot this year a few new tools for the shed and and some clothes .

Back