Future Classics Racing

:clap:Great to see it growing and numbers getting better always wanted to do it hopefully in few years time when I get a bit of time on my hand .

Well done one to micks garage for their contusions support of the series and there great discounts :clap:

:clap:Great to see it growing and numbers getting better always wanted to do it hopefully in few years time when I get a bit of time on my hand .

Well done one to micks garage for their contusions support of the series and there great discounts :clap:

MicksGarage have been doing great work for Motorsport in ireland for years. It’s great that Future Classics have been on the receiving end of this for the past few years[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s class fair play to the lads in there

Dave Doyle was my point of contact with them this year and was really helpful. Looking forward to working with them this year. Hopefully we can manage a few passenger laps at a race event again like we did in 2016.

Hi lads just a little update on Future Classics. As some might know we had round 1 of the Championship last Sunday at Mondello Park.
It was a great day and we had 22 cars on the grid. This was the biggest grid all weekend and that’s probably a first for our class. I think at the moment we have roughly 32/33 actual registered drivers.
After the race I had been approached by many spectators, “some that I didn’t even know” and they all said the race was amazing to watch.
Now where I was sitting I got the same feeling. Great to see this class getting the recognition it deserves and growing to new heights for 2018[emoji106]
Below is a little blog I did for Leo at Motorsport.ie and all my onboard from the race. It’s just my take on another great day of Motorsport.

https://motorsport.ie/2018/04/19/inside-line-great-to-be-back-in-future-classics-with-adrian-dunne/

Ittc not doing good
Great to see this class doing well
Seat copas also not doing great

ITCC had to mix with RT,s to have a grid this year but RT,a also needed what was left of ITCC. Seats are going with the open endurance event, not sure if that will get numbers as I'm not sure where the cars will come from, but hopefully it will get some grid.
It's good for Irish motorsport to have full grids. Cars parked in garages with nowhere to race is not good for anyone.

Hi lads.
Just another small update on class progress. After rounds 2&3 up at Bishopscourt, our next rounds 4&5 are in Kirkistown Race Circuit 23/06/18. After two more wins Timmy Duggan is leading the Super Class Championship, and Jimmy Kilbride is leading the Future Classics Class in his 106 GTI. I had a disaster myself breaking my crown wheel in practice which left me not racing on Sunday. Yet again we were the biggest grid with 23 cars set to race for the weekend. There was three of these cars retired early including myself with technical problems.
The barrier times for both classes were picked before the weekend and based on past times from other classes. This was broken by a few guys over the weekend in Super class, hence Timmy getting the two wins for not breaking it. As I wasn’t racing myself I got to enjoy the lads racing on the Sunday and it was great to see. I done the whole camping and racing thing and it was great, and will be doing the same for Kirkistown. The track itself was amazing! This was my first time on it and I loved it. The main straight is over twice the length of that at Mondello Park and most of us were coming close to 120mph and probably turning into turn one at 100mph..
I’m not sure if they do any track days up there as they are so restricted with dates, but if one comes up I’d highly recommend it.
I had some time on my hands so made this little video for the class using onboard from a few cars.

https://youtu.be/fawVd7cSugA

Last edited:
Back