Protecting cAr from grit/salt

TurboPaul

I think this is topical given the weather over the last few days

There was a good bit,of snow up my direction on Sunday(I’m up the hills), only gone today. Unusually the gritter Lorry came up, after the road was cleared by a Jcb

Now there’s grit, sand I think but probably salt too, all over the place including all over the front drive as the gritter couldn’t get up the hill past our house and he reversed back into our drive spraying that sh*te everywhere as he turned around

Anyway Other than powehosing underneath the car and driveway, any ideas in how to make sure no sh%t stuck on the underside of the car?
Thanks Paul

P.s. I was out in the wife’s car earlier on Sunday and got a feckin puncture, now need a new Tyre cause with the depth of snow took me a while before I realized I had a puncture and then I had to reverse 100m to somewhere relatively flat to change the wheel.

Clean underside with power washer every time there's been a bad freeze Paul best way.

Get it all off 10 mins underneath round wheel arches ect anywhere where grit and salt can lodge did mine yesterday

Basically take your time with it

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Paul. Iv a karcher T150 attachment (meant for decking) that I side under the car and use to.get to the impossible places with normal power washers, you can take it for a while.

Any idea where I can do this if I am living in apartment? Not sure how people will look at me if I put car on jackstands at tescos car wash:D

Any idea where I can do this if I am living in apartment? Not sure how people will look at me if I put car on jackstands at tescos car wash:D
No point it's a Toyota [emoji14][emoji14]

Seriously though you don't need axel stands ya mad thing

Nilfisk washers come with 90° end great for underneath. I had rims of the subaru to do it right. But dome the accord with wheels on. Some stuff buried in the arches.
After a week
ca30fe446d048ea80911f1a5b6b9f7f8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Paul. Iv a karcher T150 attachment (meant for decking) that I side under the car and use to.get to the impossible places with normal power washers, you can take it for a while.

thanks for the offer, i have the same attachment myself. never uswd on the car though

Texico be ok for 86/Swift ect .. but Awd won't be good for it as drags one side of car on slider and other side rolls on ground

Basically your Awd won't be Awd if you use it [emoji1]

Texico be ok for 86/Swift ect .. but Awd won't be good for it as drags one side of car on slider and other side rolls on ground

Basically your Awd won't be Awd if you use it [emoji1]

One side as left/right or front/rear? Abyways, if its not manual was, I aint going there..

From Memory locks Drivers side and passo side rolls.

I have 24ft telescopic lance with 90° nozzle for blasting gutters. I recon should be good for subi :roll:

Yes the 90° bend is to go around the corner so the wont see what am l up to ????

Back