7 Years and 400k fine for VW Executive in States

How can software cheat an independent machine if that's not what it's putting out I never got full story on this at time feel free to fill me in maybe grahamo no bull[emoji90]answer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my understanding of it was that vw had engineered software that could detect weather or not the car was on a rolling road test bed which basically told the engine what mode to run in . something got to do with the front wheels turning while the rears remained stationary on the test

my understanding of it was that vw had engineered software that could detect weather or not the car was on a rolling road test bed which basically told the engine what mode to run in . something got to do with the front wheels turning while the rears remained stationary on the test
That's what I'd read about too

Knew it was in test environment by process and got super clean

When back on road went back to being a dirty coalburner

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

What the lads said Gary above.
Very simple really but they got caught! Amazed more makers haven’t
Been too.....

The big thing though is.... has it stopped sales of VAG cars in Europe?
Nope! Storm in tea cup really, cost them but they will bounce back in a
Few years and finances will level out.

Fine vehicles really.... sure Tommy even bought one so they have to be good!!
He only buys the best products :)

Been too.....

Thanks lads it's quite clever alright but simple I couldn't tell you what emissions any cars I have are because no smoke out of back but I had a caddy a few years ago 2005 and the smoke was unreal was back in garage a few times said it was perfect I suppose it was only cause I could see it had me questioning it know what I mean.

Been too.....

Dont think the penalties they got charged with were even scratch the profits they made on it.

At the end of the day, it doesnt matter, as all diesels are dirty shite

Dont think the penalties they got charged with were even scratch the profits they made on it.

At the end of the day, it doesnt matter, as all diesels are dirty shite

Eh... massive penalties....!!!
Yes profits of those vehicles were in, counted for!

The money involved now to fix the issue is another story....

People think you send car into the dealer to have the update
Done... yes it’s done.
Any issue is sorted after the “Fix”.!!

Pretty much any issue after that update is FOC.....

Big kitty.
Customer is always right!

How much of a 30k car would a manufacturer make on each it must be quite a lot to have surplus billions and able to set up banks and stuff after production costs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surprised more weren't caught aswell.

It won't affect vw sales in lreland because if you have no money for a car your best option is prob vw/Audi they have millions pumped around the country through their own bank through finance and pcp.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

the update vw do on the 1.6 tdi engines makes a balls of the car
im sorry i got my caddy done
had to get it remapped shortly after to sort it

hahaha, so you drove it to the dealer, so they can remap it to 'lower specs' to make the specified quota and then you drove to mapper to get it remapped back... I have a friend with Audi, he received the letter, but afaik he never went to get it done. I dont even think there was any penalties if you dont come, so... yea... and it will still pass the emission tests, because in NCT they have no idea of knowing if the car was done or not

Am I right in thinking this is not a voluntary update (one you cannot choose not to avail of)?

If your car is affected VAG will know - and the next time it is in for servicing or any workshop activity at a main dealer, it WILL be automatically flashed with the new maps (as they need to make their quotas of "fixed" vehicles to avoid further fines).

-Or, does the customer get a choice / say in the matter?

Am I right in thinking this is not a voluntary update (one you cannot choose not to avail of)?

If your car is affected VAG will know - and the next time it is in for servicing or any workshop activity at a main dealer, it WILL be automatically flashed with the new maps (as they need to make their quotas of "fixed" vehicles to avoid further fines).

-Or, does the customer get a choice / say in the matter?

Your choice Charles.
Nobody puts a gun to your head :)

Normally if the customer is due the update they are told checking in, if they don’t want it done there is a form to sign to say they don’t want it done.

Dealer gets paid by VW to do the update, so obviously they will want to do as many as they can.

You are correct that VAG will automatically flash it if you drive it to them(even if the reason of you driving it to them is completely unrelated). But I am fairly certain, that there will be loads of car owners that never visit authorised VAG services and are either servicing their cars themselves, or driving to their favorite places.

You made a balls in the first place buying a 1.6 tdi!! Ha ha !!
Sorry had to do it :)

I hear that a lot on forums but to be honest I don’t notice it in any Ive done.
Now to be fair I don’t own one or drive one for a long time so maybe that’s why.
I got the wife’s A3 2.0 done after the EGR sh1t the bed!

No difference at all and I drive that all the time on long runs.

Have to get the work van done but it can't possibly get any slower than it is after the update gutless pos

most diesel manufactures are at it vw got caught. BMW,merc, ford toyota ,

You are correct that VAG will automatically flash it if you drive it to them(even if the reason of you driving it to them is completely unrelated). But I am fairly certain, that there will be loads of car owners that never visit authorised VAG services and are either servicing their cars themselves, or driving to their favorite places.

No they won’t! Wrong info there.
You are asked first if you want it, you have every right to refuse it.

Back