U.K. motoring VS Irish

Haha your in the money now! In fairness to Clonmel it has always holded its own with Abbott, Boston and Bulmers as well as some smaller ones too.

True. There is another pharmaceutical factory opening but working on the line is not for me. I always have that charlie chaplin scene in my head

My sister just bought a 171 Audi Q5 in the UK and saved over 10k on equivalent spec. For a very small effort it is worth the hassle. Had to be 6 months old before she could buy it.

As someone who just went through VRT, yes, sometimes it does make sense to import from UK. The prices there can sometimes be lower than prices here with VRT added. but it needs loads of investigating, looking checking and praying that everything will go smooth

Right it's hard to believe the revenue has a calculator that can't calculate properly until you go to nct centre and get hammered for another heap of money only to be told its just a guide always appeal only in Ireland [emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Appeal appeal appeal, they will admit to over charging and you get refund. Lastv5 o know that was appealed average 800 back

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

As someone who just went through VRT, yes, sometimes it does make sense to import from UK. The prices there can sometimes be lower than prices here with VRT added. but it needs loads of investigating, looking checking and praying that everything will go smooth

exactly - alot of bullshit about - while some cars are better to import - alot are also cheaper here

my last 2 road cars would have cost way way more to import from uk
bmw 535d and range rover 3.6 hse
i actually could export them - claim vrt back and make money
vrt rebate on the range rover is over 8k alone
high spec stuff is cheaper to buy here as harder sold

low spec/power stuff like 520ds - golfs - audi a4 etc are better to import

crying about vrt and prices ex vrt is a waiste of time as if you live here you need to vrt the car

over the last year or more i have saw idiots go to the uk and buy cars thinking they were experts when they could have bought the same car here for way less and without the hassle
some people think once they buy in the uk they are getting bargains which is not the case

Last edited:
i saw a lad go to uk for a 09 petrol picasso
you can not give them away here
the price of the vrt would prob buy you 1 with tax and test

saw another lad go north for a 07 mazda 6
harder to shift than a wedding ring
he rang me cause it needed a flywheel
flywheel and clutch are mad money - around 600e
he starts giving out fcuk saying sure he has to vrt and nct the car yet
i felt like saying your the idiot that bought it and thought you were great lad

Look on Donedeal and a lot of the cars for sale have come from UK. Lots of lads making a living going to UK at the minute to get cars to sell

As sc says no point in going and importing an equivalent priced car for same here it's not worth the hassle my brother in law used to do ok on Ford Focus and mondeos sold quick every time a tip aswell stay away from what hire companies lease after two years change fleet market flooded that's when hard sell try sell an Astra mate had one couldn't give it away to many out there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look on Donedeal and a lot of the cars for sale have come from UK. Lots of lads making a living going to UK at the minute to get cars to sell

i used to do it a bit and got out of it when the sterling went bad, so many lads at it , moneys gone out of it

the genuine lad selling undamaged genuine milage cars cant compete
against lads buying damaged stuff from co part and fixing them up or high milage stuff clocked
the genuine cars look dear or the experts are going across themselves now with weak sterling

reg checks on some of the uk reg stuff for sale on donedeal would surprise you
but alot of people dont bother and pay the price down the line
mate of mine was looking at 14 and 15 reg transits on donedeal and nearly all were cat c or cat d damaged uk imports
its a minefield at the minute

Last edited:
If your looking for a car from the uk or Japan source it yourself if you know what your problem at least then you know what you have :thumbsup:
as sc86 said too many clocked , damaged and unrecorded cars coming into the country getting a quick fix and being sold on with out the Buyer knowing anything about it , buyer beware I guess

Back