U.K. motoring VS Irish

KENC

ISDC Club Member
I know vrt is a commonly debated/ hated topic here, and we are all well aware of the Rip off, but there is times something comes up that sparks up the sickening comparison of how the UK car enthusiast can enjoy a choice of cars that the Irish man can’t.
Seen theses 2 ads beside each other on DoneDeal... and I had a bad day after it lol.

Attachments

• BC9D87DA-9472-4224-9A3F-F263F4EFAC99.jpeg
    BC9D87DA-9472-4224-9A3F-F263F4EFAC99.jpeg
    94.4 KB · Views: 111
The term ( being rode up a stick ) comes to mind . And that's before you get to the tax for the year joke of a country

And that’s before you offer your body up for sacrifice to the insurance gods..

See lovely 2014 STI saloons there for under 20K... not sure about he 2.5 tho lol

Attachments

• 38A345F0-9440-4168-8FCE-F4A9059BF76B.png
    38A345F0-9440-4168-8FCE-F4A9059BF76B.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Even newer cars. The new Alfa Quadrifoglio is 26k more expensive here from an Irish dealer than if you were to import it.

A D2 A8 3.7 Petrol Quattro is £380 tax per annum. Over here it's €1809.

I know we're a smaller market, but it's bullshite.

I just don’t see how in any way shape or form it can be remotely justified that your counter part across the border or water can buy the same car for 30k less

on the other end if you own one and live in uk all you have to do is move to ireland for a while, rent a place, pay a bills and you will make 30k which is more than some make in a year :facepalm::facepalm: In this case is not Ireland is Absurdland

crazy thing is we are paying vrt on the double.
first when we buy the car and then again in our tax on our wages to cover the fines the eu impose on the government for an illegal tax ..great little country

There’s another boom starting and will last for 6/8 years . You heard it here first :icon_grin::thumbsup:

There’s another boom starting and will last for 6/8 years . You heard it here first :icon_grin::thumbsup:

you are probably right Joe but 10 years is the cycle of most economies.
The ingredients of the next one though are very different to the one we have just seen so don't think it will be as much as a blow.........i hope! :)

Back