Some interesting reading

Raggy-doo steering $hit. Not a new thing either. In his case l think is you attract what you project...

Would rather it was left alone here as no good will come of it , it’s between the owner and the company :thumbsup:

There's holes in everyone's side of the story in that thread lads. Raggy, Murrays and Bob's.

I'd a good heart to heart with Raggy a while back, and he's a nice chap in reality.

Agree with always send car to be mapped when it's 100%. However, an experienced mapper and workshop should be the ones to say if a car is 100% or not. Not the customer. Why a mapper would map and put their name to something is beyond me. It results in that sort of thread.

If I was a mapper, I wouldn't advise "remove XYZ, recommend this part, etc." I'd refuse flat out to map it unless it was handed to me in an a condition I was happy with.

Only asking for hardship. As has happened.

The thread isn't without substance. That length of time, returning to garage on further instances, sinking money and such a long time without car, we'd all be pissed off with that end result.

It would be very annoying to be fair,
But I don’t think Raggy is one who is open to taking advice, that’s the feeling I have got from him on here and on SNET..

I do get what you are saying about mapping the car, but mappers have to draw a line somewhere when their time is booked, and the responsibility ultimatly lies with car owner to ensure the car is ready to be mapped, if the car had of been left to a company to do the work and mapping then the responsibility would lie with them then, but that’s not the case here..

It’s alright to say the mapper shouldn’t map, but I don’t think being told he wouldn’t map the car because of a small leak etc etc would go down too well either, and any mapper I’ve used in the past always try to work with not perfect conditions as best they can.

From what I’ve read it would seem to me that the car is mapped, and has run perfect, but then runs sh*t..
The map doesn’t change, so if it’s running ok for a few weeks, something is changing on the car then to cause the car to start running crap..
Whaever hope he has of resolving the issue with help from the likes of Bob, he is heading down the road now of every mapper avoiding him like the plague.

Aye. I'd probably take the offer of free diagnostics and free tweek when he's over again.

All 3 need to put ego aside and bury the hatchet. It's been off the road that long he may aswell hang on until new year and send it up. Sorted. Then enjoy the car.

Don't be flutering with NF and racing Evo's. :D

Had my car with asd before it went to mapping must off spent near 3 times what the map cost just getting 110% ready for it....i wanted it right first time with no return trip.

Had my car with asd before it went to mapping must off spent near 3 times what the map cost just getting 110% ready for it....i wanted it right first time with no return trip.

Would Aonghus have touched it without the work done? He only maps one a day I think aswell and spends the whole day on it (or longer?)

No your car must be ready if it’s not that the owners fault and will require a remap or another full map . Your paying him to map your car not to fix it that’s the owners job to have it right .

Would Aonghus have touched it without the work done? He only maps one a day I think aswell and spends the whole day on it (or longer?)

he spends the day at it
puts great time into it
how youd map 20 cars in a day properly i have no idea to be honest

He would have mapped it yes but if something had of popped up that couldn't be sorted on the spot he still charged you ..iirc i think you sign a waver at yhe start about this..
He did comment on the stuff thst was done and the effort put in beforehand

he spends the day at it
puts great time into it
how youd map 20 cars in a day properly i have no idea to be honest

20 cars is just a silly figure to be throwing around, and I’m not sure who initially said it on the thread but they haven’t a clue what they are talking about, we all know that’s impossible to do, half that is not even realistic.

Last edited:
20 cars is just a silly figure to be throwing around, and I’m not sure who initially said it on the thread but they haven’t a clue what they are talking about, we all know that’s impossible to do, half that is not even realistic.

I think Murrays stated it was 9, but didn't give a break down on how many being mapped from scratch and how being tweaked.

It was said that it was 9 in the worse case and it was late night finish. 20 cars is physically impossible if you do the simple math.

iirc Bob mapped 4 or 5 other cars plus mine on both occasions I had him work on my car .

and on both occasions I had a minor issue. small boost pipe had a split which Bob replaced and second occasion intercooler pipe blew off which he also fixed , I don't think anyone could reasonably ask for more .

let's not forget when lads are chasing big power on crap fuel and not achieving what they expect., they will look for a scape goat . easy to blame the mapper and when the new parts say good for 600bhp build lads expect 600 .no allowance for poor fuel quality , variables in the motor due to mileage or regular maintenance etc etc ...

I am hoping to get my v2 sti mapped When it's put back on the road in the new year .
Car is running std boost no mods and I give it a third of a bottle of nf with every fill at Maxol .
I've put 4 new genuine Subaru coil packs , plugs , fuel/ air/ oil filters and new mass airflow sensor .
Is there anything else I should get done be4 mapping ?

I have been told and read been a 95 car running std boost and no mods it shouldn't need a map
I don't know if I really want to take that chance along with missing anti lag last impeza had :Imprezaimage:

Car boosts well and idles perfect now after some issues with coil packs .

I am hoping to get my v2 sti mapped When it's put back on the road in the new year .
Car is running std boost no mods and I give it a third of a bottle of nf with every fill at Maxol .
I've put 4 new genuine Subaru coil packs , plugs , fuel/ air/ oil filters and new mass airflow sensor .
Is there anything else I should get done be4 mapping ?

I have been told and read been a 95 car running std boost and no mods it shouldn't need a map
I don't know if I really want to take that chance along with missing anti lag last impeza had :Imprezaimage:

Car boosts well and idles perfect now after some issues with coil packs .
If car is fully standard. Cat still in place. No induction kit etc. Then wont need mapped. This in regards to a 93-96 impreza.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Back