legacy suspension sagging on back

jaaniitis0

Hi
Just bought a 07 legacy and i love it as its my first Subaru.
but i have small issue
Suspension on the back are way lower then front.
there are new shocks and springs on it and it didn't improve any ideas why?

Had a few of these so it Should sit level . You changed them? did you look up the part numbers or order the same ones that were in it

Hi
Just bought a 07 legacy and i love it as its my first Subaru.
but i have small issue
Suspension on the back are way lower then front.
there are new shocks and springs on it and it didn't improve any ideas why?
Possible was self level on it if is an outback. And someone fitted not self leveling.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

a47c8eb846da6b0836f943cfea03f9bc.jpg
f4007719fde315c213d2c57c428cf6e4.jpg
645c9faa1ba1f287738c35447c0ded7c.jpg

Here are just a few pic how bad it looks
And yes I have done them myself and I ordered parts in local motorfactors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a47c8eb846da6b0836f943cfea03f9bc.jpg
f4007719fde315c213d2c57c428cf6e4.jpg
645c9faa1ba1f287738c35447c0ded7c.jpg

Here are just a few pic how bad it looks
And yes I have done them myself and I ordered parts in local motorfactors

Maybe just angle of pic. But the rear pass looks at a strange angle.

Re replacment. Send me pm message of part numbers you bought and your chassis number.

I’d say your wheels are all wrong What size wheels and tyres ? Have you on it

Stock tyre was 215/45/17 . You have gone 225/45/18 which is 25.6mm bigger or an inch in old money . Also what off set are the rims .

I think your suspension is ok just your wheel and tyre set up making it look like it’s sitting down :thumbsup:
Now your suspension still might be wrong but I doubt it :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Stock tyre was 215/45/17 . You have gone 225/45/18 which is 25.6mm bigger or an inch in old money . Also what off set are the rims .

I think your suspension is ok just your wheel and tyre set up making it look like it’s sitting down [emoji106]
Now your suspension still might be wrong but I doubt it [emoji106][emoji106]
As above

225/40/18 be recommend size.

Although look like spec B wheels. Is that a mazda centre cap?

These are factory legacy wheels. Not too wide - 18x7.5. I dont know whats the story with the mazda center caps

davelegacy[emoji769 said:
;583554]As above

225/40/18 be recommend size.

Although look like spec B wheels. Is that a mazda centre cap?

Well spotted it is a Mazda centre cap
There was a 225/40/18 on it but I decided to put 225/45/18 for a bit more comfort

I have 18 on it
Just put some new rubber they are 225/45/18

Were they the same size tyre that u had on before or did you increase wall size for comfort. gttjohn has a legacy wonder what he is running

I just went up a wall size for a bit of comfort

I have been looking quite a bit at these pics I think the fact you have a bigger tyres it's making arches more full looking if part no are correct it must be wheel tyre size. I only say this back in the day I had a set of oz 3 spoke on a car with big wall on tyre front looked ok rear looked down I changed springs and no different put old wheels back on a presto. do you have a pic of car with old tyres and wheels on it before new rubber it might help

I have been looking quite a bit at these pics I think the fact you have a bigger tyres it's making arches more full looking if part no are correct it must be wheel tyre size. I only say this back in the day I had a set of oz 3 spoke on a car with big wall on tyre front looked ok rear looked down I changed springs and no different put old wheels back on a presto. do you have a pic of car with old tyres and wheels on it before new rubber it might help

It was the same with other tyres and with the old shocks and springs
So I was doing a bit of research and found that u can get spacers for top of the shocks that make it rise from 20mm to 30mm,so was just wondering are they any good.

Can't say myself but I am sure someone will be along to give advice I doubt your the first person to have this problem did you replace rear top mount bushes with new springs they are common to perish on subaru over time

Never heard of top mount extenders to be honest or of it being done but maybe it's possible :thumbsup:

Look up saggy butt spacers the Americans use them a lot on wagons from a company called paranoid fabrications and I think kart boy . I'd try your old wheels and see how it looks before I'd use spacers

It was the same with other tyres and with the old shocks and springs
So I was doing a bit of research and found that u can get spacers for top of the shocks that make it rise from 20mm to 30mm,so was just wondering are they any good.

Find your fault first imo.

Back