18 inch revolutions

Have a look at pedro's blog he has 17. They would suit the car better for daily, 18 show only on classic :54:

Just odd weekend and club meet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18s will look great but you need to run a 35 profile tyres on a 7/7.5 wide rim.

The car will handle exactly the same as before , you will have a smaller side wall on tyres but as a weekend toy it will be fine.

I ran it before with no issues and so did a few others.
They really look great and you notice very little different to a 17 in rim, I'm actually running 18s on my track car and all the group A cars ran 18s.

Lads will tell you they don't suit but they have never ran them on a classic.

It all comes down to how you want the car to look.

Thanks for that they look real nice on type r

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whats the risk of destroying 200+ euro wheel runing 35 instead of 45 sidewall? Our roads are bad as they are but if you decide of going for a spirited drive or mountain pass with the club instead of concentrating on the joy of the ride you will be nerves on every pothole and every uneven surface. Im not experienced with classics but lm very experienced with wrong size wheel. I will never forget the dublin drive to AGM l couldn't enjoy it at all and it was on good roads. As l had my show wheels on. Then l swapped to stock wheels and on the charity run up north was a pure pleasure on the back roads. Tad is a witness ????. My advice and what l did is keep 2 sets factory for driving and bigger for shows like terenure and japfest :54:

Whats the risk of destroying 200+ euro wheel runing 35 instead of 45 sidewall? Our roads are bad as they are but if you decide of going for a spirited drive or mountain pass with the club instead of concentrating on the joy of the ride you will be nerves on every pothole and every uneven surface. Im not experienced with classics but lm very experienced with wrong size wheel. I will never forget the dublin drive to AGM l couldn't enjoy it at all and it was on good roads. As l had my show wheels on. Then l swapped to stock wheels and on the charity run up north was a pure pleasure on the back roads. Tad is a witness [emoji23]. My advice and what l did is keep 2 sets factory for driving and bigger for shows like terenure and japfest :54:
I keep hearing how bad our roads are... have you tried driving in poland, czech, italy and many more much worse countries? Our roads are superb in here! And this year they did a lot of repairing too

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yes the roads in our home countries are bad but l also have driven in austria, germany etc. And know what a good road is ��

On another note lm still waiting to see the black revs fitted by whoever bought them

Last edited:
Gary sti bought them :thumbsup:

you cant drive a classic on 18" wheels unless you have the arches rolled or have the off set changed I've had 18" on a classic As they will rub over bumps or any spirited driving that's my first hand experience of 18" on a classic .
They do look great but the clearance is the issue :thumbsup:

18 are more for show , 17 are more for go

simples

i like show , but on a decent road, i also like to go

Gary sti bought them [emoji106]

you cant drive a classic on 18" wheels unless you have the arches rolled or have the off set changed I've had 18" on a classic As they will rub over bumps or any spirited driving that's my first hand experience of 18" on a classic .
They do look great but the clearance is the issue [emoji106]
18" in correct width, offset and tyre size will not rub. Nor need arches rolled.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Whats the risk of destroying 200+ euro wheel runing 35 instead of 45 sidewall? Our roads are bad as they are but if you decide of going for a spirited drive or mountain pass with the club instead of concentrating on the joy of the ride you will be nerves on every pothole and every uneven surface. Im not experienced with classics but lm very experienced with wrong size wheel. I will never forget the dublin drive to AGM l couldn't enjoy it at all and it was on good roads. As l had my show wheels on. Then l swapped to stock wheels and on the charity run up north was a pure pleasure on the back roads. Tad is a witness ????. My advice and what l did is keep 2 sets factory for driving and bigger for shows like terenure and japfest :54:

Only two classic came with 17 inch rims I think and both use a 40 profile tyre, lads run 45 for more comfort. There's not much different in the 35 to 40 profiles,
The only classic that I can think of that came with the option of 18s was the p1 and prodrive had no issues running 18s.

Ran 18s on my p1 and no issues at all
Even had revs in 18s, tyres required are 225/35 and NO issues

Eu law dictated them to be 17, as to fit snow chains

Said I'd put this up on thread to finish with pics has changed up car big time only on last night still have to get used to them myself @scoobysub I know what you mean about black it's hard to see on pic wheel features but looking at car no prob [emoji106]
d9508ef0f0d6c3720355603635f897d0.jpg
3fe05dcda2781a7708e922dd5fb02dfa.jpg

I believe you Gary I swear :icon_grin: Ye know what you mean :thumbsup: nice wheel can’t really go wrong :thumbsup:

I had black revolutions on the Hawks for ages and from the day I got them I didn't like them. Eventually I got them a done in gunmetal and I much prefer them as you can see the detail in real or in a pic.

Attachments

• IMG_20171021_140440.jpg
    IMG_20171021_140440.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 47
Looks great! Black on blue and black on red is imho the best combination, gets much more aggressive look imho!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Back