Import or keep looking in Ireland?

Thanks John.
I’d class mine as modified, as it is in the cold light of day!
Can be put standard easily bar the brakes.

My point would be mine looks standard and looks normal.
That 2 door screams modified!

Hence the price does not suit that car.
I’d be 10k max if shell/engine was good.

Just my opinion.

any pics mate?

Not for sale pal.
I do get notions now and again... nothing will replace it!

Pics of the slut on track day/terenure/Barrett’s town etc...

Me and internet don’t go well

I'd say you get more notions to let me detail it than sell it ya bollox. :D

What I would give to be back with a nice standard Type R and to not have ventured down the big power road

Yes that is a fact John! Sorry.
I’d be embarrassed to let you work on it, I’d say you’d be annoyed with the paint work..

Not at all Graham! Doctor/patient privacy. I've worked on some rough freshly painted stuff and I'll never usher a word as to who painted it, because I don't care.

I've gotten feedback I did more in 8 hours than a professional setup did over 3 days, and I said I didn't give a sh*t. I also never heard of this particular professional detailing company.

I'm happy once the owner is happy.

i dont want to buy it
i just wanted to see a pic lol

Sorry man!

Someone might show you a thread of where the dirty track slut was
Before!!
Don’t want to ruin the op’s thread with my sh1t box!!

Back on point!!

I think you should go to view this car with cash at home as it looks to be every thing that will win you over so have a think about it when I was looking I wish I had advice that your getting here but my rule was I was only going to buy a standard one. I looked at a few all from donedeal and man how they differ from adds from clean body's to dog rough underneath don't afraid to crawl in and have a look on this the few engine mods etc would say hang on!!! most mods have a knock on effect. Ask for receipts get previous owners see can you look them up when you get home that's a lot of money to drop on a modified car imo there was one similar was around 10k mark one of lads here bought it that would be top for me 13 ish for very clean standard and if you unsure what you looking at bring some one who does have a good look around to see was car resprayed that could be a two story car with second part turning out to be a horror worst case. Take a few pics of car yourself and post up here after and lads could certainly say yes or no we don't want to see you go wrong but good look with viewing and keeps us posted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What I would give to be back with a nice standard Type R and to not have ventured down the big power road

Standard cars is where it's at ken , few sensible mods always a bonus ,brakes , remap, engine build , wheels . Standard performance cars are becoming harder to get so prices will rise

Standard cars is where it's at ken , few sensible mods always a bonus ,brakes , remap, engine build , wheels . Standard performance cars are becoming harder to get so prices will rise

I suppose every performance/ prestige car is the same,
There is different stages in their lives, there is a stage where nothing was really thought of them other than being a car you like, and you would mod away to your own taste, but then the next stage comes along where they are now hard to get, are sought after and nice clean originals are what every one wants..

Where these cars were once an everyday car, that you would jump into to go to work, track day it, abandon in the ditch somewhere to go look at a rally stage etc... they now have or are now moving into there last stage of life where they are not going to be really driven/ used anymore and are a collectors car.

Last edited:
@Kenc
My opinion is a bit different. l like modding and l do appreciate when someone develops the car. The prices are gone up and sadly people begin to consider them more as an investment rather as what they are - a performance car that ment to be driven and bring fun. You may have some regrets now that you didnt keep your car factory but when back in the days you decided to chase big power l bet you thought that this was the right thing to do and you came a long way while you were building the car and you learn alot and you gather lots of experience which ultimately is what and ownership is all about. I for one would love a +500bhp classic at least for a day.
Also l always remember that interview with the designer of the ford rs who was saying that he feels that modified car is much closer to his original idea before the production cuts :54:

Ken, at least you still have a car to sell

I sold a Lancia Delta integrale Evo and a v5 v limited back in the day.

I can only imagine the money I could make but I'm not one for making money, I'm a fan of driving and driving is were the fun is.

Ken, at least you still have a car to sell

I sold a Lancia Delta integrale Evo and a v5 v limited back in the day.

I can only imagine the money I could make but I'm not one for making money, I'm a fan of driving and driving is were the fun is.

I sold a V5 Type R limited, and a V6 Type R limited I had bought them to keep but just came under a bit of pressure and had to turn them back into cash again just to get over a tight spell, back in 2014, thankfully I managed to hold onto 2 other cars, the two I sold were very good original cars and I think 7-8k is what each made. V5 with to Poland, V6 to Galway I think

Last edited:
Hi lads, I saw the car and it wasn't as expected. Resprayed, worn interior for the mileage on the clock, no records or history on what was done, and work to be done underneath, was more like a 10K car. So it was not a good idea to spend the day and the money to go there, that's the problem when you trust people. Anyway I'm not losing hope yet.

Hi lads, I saw the car and it wasn't as expected. Resprayed, worn interior for the mileage on the clock, no records or history on what was done, and work to be done underneath, was more like a 10K car. So it was not a good idea to spend the day and the money to go there, that's the problem when you trust people. Anyway I'm not losing hope yet.

TBH
It presented in the flesh what it looked like to me in the pics

TBH
It sounds like it presented in the flesh exactly what it looked like to me in the pics..

A lot of people that end up owning these cars don’t actually know what a good one looks like.
My First V5 Type r was probably around 10yrs ago, and it was hit and miss back then with them, it’s going to be hard to get a clean one without either buying a fresh import or importing one

Your right not to get sucked in fair play some of cars are extremely rough my advice would be get a lot of detailed pics prior to viewing them if driving far to view them keep looking stuff does turn up I gave it a break for over six months after seen too many time wasters best of luck the story continues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back