Import or keep looking in Ireland?

Wow! Is that money the going rate for a modified one?
Can a clean one not be got where they were born, for that money?

Looks nice, but serious inspection is needed for that price imo.
I’d pay that for a standard very clean model and take a risk on the engine.

Nice looking car, I don’t know it. It’s the most expensive that I have seen advertised here yet.. it may well be a bit over priced.. it would want to be mint, and even being mint I’m not sure I would go that high.
In my opinion it’s had paint, possibly even newage shade of blue??which any car it’s year will probably have , however top locking panel is painted body colour which is wrong, and it’s hard to understand why someone would paint it unless it was replaced.
Go have a look, have a good look at front panel, valences, get in behind rear quarters for a look. Check for rust, if the car is coverd in undersealer it wouldn’t be for me, look for rust, rear quarters where bumper bolts up at wheel arch, judge the car by its surface rust also on drives, brackets etc etc underneath, try establish if it came in from U.K. if it did then double check for rust...

That is pristine condition money, only you can tell us what it’s like in the flesh

Last edited:
For that money if I was buying it would need a fresh rebuild its top dollar it looks like wjc old car

For that money if I was buying it would need a fresh rebuild its top dollar it looks like wjc old car

It does look like his all right now that you say it, you think the colour is 02C?
Think I would prefer a fresh import at that money myself.

I know LOL
but he is not advertising here and there is a customer on the market 2+2 :icon_biggrin:

that is going rate for a 2dr limited in blue this weather boys
a few have sold from donedeal at that money in a few days this year
they were near standard cars
strange reg is blocked

personally id want a standard car but depends what your after
if its a minter then your not going to import 1 for less
i would doubt its minter
i dont know what rock some lads have been under ha

Last edited:
that is going rate for a 2dr limited in blue this weather boys
a few have sold from donedeal at that money in a few days this year
they were near standard cars

personally id want a standard car but depends what your after
if its a minter then your not going to import 1 for less
i dont know what rock some lads have been under ha

I’m under a huge rock so I’d agree with anyone who I think
Knows their stuff.
Just the price of that car with new age scoop and strange wheels to me... would not
Command the money advertised...

I’d value my car in the same bracket!!
Ain’t no 2 door but....

Fools and their money and all that! Not directed at buyer.

Just seems a lot to me.

I know LOL
but he is not advertising here and there is a customer on the market 2+2 :icon_biggrin:

Saw it at a meet a few years ago after all the work. For some reason I have a memory it was one of the first classics mapped on Syvecs? But I could be wrong. It was a lovely machine back then. Probably been stored in his bedroom since. :D

i agree
id want standard spec car and near factory condition

2dr limiteds in japan are crazy crazy money and only getting worse
plus vrt is 2500 on rising

Common sense rock I'd say . A non standard 18 year old car with 7 previous owners 93k and no rebuild with paint under the bonnet for 15500 . Drive down the road and suffer the same faith as your own and it's a 20+ car . No thanks

I’m under a huge rock so I’d agree with anyone who I think
Knows their stuff.
Just the price of that car with new age scoop and strange wheels to me... would not
Command the money advertised...

I’d value my car in the same bracket!!
Ain’t no 2 door but....

Fools and their money and all that! Not directed at buyer.

Just seems a lot to me.

Anyone can call me batshit crazy, but I'd put yours and similar in to a 17 - 20 bracket.

Just me?

With American imports opening up, we may ignore classic prices soon enough. They'll go 22b route.

"It's worth XYZ."
"I'd get more in the states."
"So go through the export hassle then."

Anyone can call me batshit crazy, but I'd put yours and similar in to a 17 - 20 bracket.

Just me?

Thanks John.
I’d class mine as modified, as it is in the cold light of day!
Can be put standard easily bar the brakes.

My point would be mine looks standard and looks normal.
That 2 door screams modified!

Hence the price does not suit that car.
I’d be 10k max if shell/engine was good.

Just my opinion.

5k days are gone all right , back in the recession day but it's was a clear indicator where the price of cars were when they weren't a luxury

It's not the 15500 I have a problem with, it's the car . Top money cars have to be of a certain standard and I'm sorry that is not in that mint, standard category .

But hey I guess if you don't ask you don't get

Back