ROTA vs JR Wheels VS originals?

Zheiko

Octane Boostaholics
Hey guys,

what is the general consensus here towards original expensive designed wheels such as Volk Rays and comparison to knockoffs like ROTA or JR Wheels?

I know for fact, that I have had 2 sets of ROTA wheels, and driven hard on them, they never buckled or cracked under our Irish roads even when driven hard.

But I also know, that ROTA over the years did manage to develop their wheels to real high standards and did actually get their own JWL testing lab that is to the highest standard and they do have the certifications and all their stamped wheels are actually tested. Unfortunately over the time, the price for ROTA wheels did go up a bit.

I do not know however, if other wheels like JR Wheels, which are really cheap, have this stamp acquired the proper way?

Is saving few hundreds on JR Wheels worth the risk of getting the wheel damaged in first turn? Should I spend more on ROTA wheels? Anyone here having experiences with JR wheels?

Thanks

Its very simple really - its all about money. If you have decent budget and patience you can end up with good set of top brand wheels. Rota are well established now but the prices are high enough and most of the times of a set of new rota you will easily get used rays, volk, advan, weds etc.

buy once buy right . don't cut corners on one of the most important parts on any car . wheels tyres and brakes are a no expense spared area in my book .

I don't rate rota some lads swear by them . Bbs being top for many years I'd stick with brands that new car manufacturers use . :thumbsup:
There are other good wheels that don't follow these rules like revolutions but they have being tried in rallying for years and stud up great to the abuse .

Follow the general consensus as it's usually not far wrong on wheels :thumbsup:

I have used Rota on most all my subarus and they have seen some hard miles on back roads and never once cracked or bent. Each to their own I suppose.

buy once buy right . don't cut corners on one of the most important parts on any car . wheels tyres and brakes are a no expense spared area in my book .

I totally agree, but I dont want to spend 100% more on wheels just because they are brand, while they are fulfilling exactly same certifications as some other much cheaper, but still good looking wheels, if you get what I mean. Having a wheels with JWL and VIA certifications is absolute minimum for me!

Have been using rotas since they came out and never had a problem with cracks, buckles etc

Have had sets of ssr and rays and they have gotten damaged on the irish roads.

At the end of the day it comes down to snobbery and if you have the money for volks and the likes.

Most people seem to just like to brag about their real wheels.

Havent tried JR wheels yet but they seem to be highly rated by people who have them (both road and track wheels)

I'll just leave this here, xxr 527

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171120-231413.png
    Screenshot_20171120-231413.png
    789.7 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
I think JR wheels are good alternative to branded wheels out there I do see them more often now on the roads they are getting popular.
There is loads of reviews on the net about them I think even James Deane himself is using them which says alot imo, I am considering a set aswell either JR or Revs or both lol :icon_grin:

I bought a set of used Rota and they been grand so far. Even drove to London and back on them without any issues and a track day in between. Rota as a company are well established and stand behind their product. If you got the money, then go for what you really want, not what others have. Buy once and saves you in the long term.

Back