Rally Ireland 07

yes that was what i thought

be lucky to have rallying in ireland in 2 years
nevermind the wrc

As well as the machinery on the tarmac - what about all of the helicopters! It was like Vietnam in Donegal that year. I counted over 20 choppers in the field beside the Milford Service on the Saturday.

Just amazing

true alan!
how people thought it was sustainable i have no idea
madness when u look back at it

Not quite sure who gave them those hurleys!!
I'd say every high vis jacket in ireland was sold for that weekend, thats all i remember!

Attachments

• ri07swrt.jpg
    ri07swrt.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 66
  • ri07swrt2.jpg
    ri07swrt2.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 66
  • ri07swrt1.jpg
    ri07swrt1.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 67
Another good one i spotted recently on facebook

Would be fair cool as a road car, pity they were all rallied afterwards!

Attachments

• swrtrecceri07.JPG
    swrtrecceri07.JPG
    672.2 KB · Views: 50
What l spotted fist was the fully tinted side windows and the big sun strip on the windscreen. You will make gardai's day if you pass like this through a check point :roll:

Sorry Gordon the child in me couldn't resist [emoji6][emoji2][emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's all good Gary I'm not one for polishing I'd rather thrash the sh*t out of it and it's a daily so not gonna be clean at all

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I remember leaving home around 3 or 4 in the morning with one of my mates and heading up.

I was in FAS in Limerick at the time and it seemed like the whole country was going.

We still talk about it which is a good sign and I can still picture an Outback or Legacy pulling a Range Rover out of a field with chrome rims and road tires on it. . The Subaru was like it was on tracks 💪

Great memories. Here's a few Subaru pics from the event. I'll always remember being followed by an unmarked car after filling up my newly imported WRX (Still on UK plates) in Carrick On Shannon. They proceeded to stop me and interrogate me about the car, where I was living etc. Luckily for me I had the whole file (invoice, log book) in the car, along with the Irish plates and VRT receipt...

D80-0149.JPGD80-0139.JPGD80-0133.JPGD80-0119.JPGD80-0011_2.JPG

Great pictures and a great event pity about the weather on both occasions it ran it was miserable 🤣

Back