How to "unlock" the scooby gurgle ?

DannysSTI

Sunday Drivers
Hi guys new to the forum end of things and recently purchased my first subaru impreza wrx! [emoji7]love it so far and already spending money i dont have on parts! Looking at really getting that iconic gurgle noise as its a bit on the quite side of things. Currently (as far as im aware) the car is standard apart from an sti back box. Was looking into getting a center section from scooby world which would eliminate the middle box. Is this in the right direction ? Not so much looking for noise level but more the iconic rumble of the flat four. Any advice appreciated ! Thanks ! IMG_4049.JPGIMG_4056.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• IMG_4049.JPG
    IMG_4049.JPG
    524.1 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_4056.JPG
    IMG_4056.JPG
    129.5 KB · Views: 86
I used that on my 04 wrx with prodrive rear section. I thought it had a nice suttle sound compared the sti box that was on it which was very quiet. Not to loud but still nice.
To be honest to really let it out might need sports cat or similar. I have 05 sti now with prodrive exhaust from factory and sounds completely different. It has sports cat.

Some think the prodrive box is too quiet but if you get one handy and get that centre section, I think it's a nice combination.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

had a miltek back box on mine first. nice rumble but needed the centre section to get the proper rumble out of it

I have that centre section on mine along with the de cat from scoobyworld and a prodrive back box.

When i got the car it had the standard exhaust system and it was really quiet, but all that changed when i bought the above.

If you don't want too loud the Prodrive exhaust works well

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the help guys really appreciate it ! Think il get the center section and see how that sounds and sure if it comes to it il sort out getting a decat pipe then ! [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back