White civic type r

dont like the look of them at all ,at all . looks more like a toy than a car and i put it in same category as the new prius (2 awful looking cars ,too many sharp edges ) sure they might be a bit impressive but id woudnt have one about me .

They are an incredible machine. Possibly the most exciting hot hatch on the market at the minute.

Yes awd can put the power down better but when you are pushing the limits of the car awd feels a bit safe and held back compared to a fwd or rwd. Doesnt take too much skill to drive an awd fast (most current hot hatches). Take a good bit of skill to drive a fwd/rwd car fast.

Each to their own though.

They are an incredible machine. Possibly the most exciting hot hatch on the market at the minute.

Yes awd can put the power down better but when you are pushing the limits of the car awd feels a bit safe and held back compared to a fwd or rwd. Doesnt take too much skill to drive an awd fast (most current hot hatches). Take a good bit of skill to drive a fwd/rwd car fast.

Each to their own though.

You obviously haven't pushed a Awd hard enough chris, when they snap and you are not concentrating enough, it'll be interesting, especially if you let off

I'd agree 110%....
I agree the styling is not everyone's cup of tea..
Imagine what they will be like when the mods start coming for this car ...few extra horses here and there suspension tweeks roll bars ....i am looking forward to seeing what this car and the mods holds for us in the future..only savage.....
Not to mention that lump in a lotus another stroke of genius from Honda

I like the look of the car, I see plenty of standard versions around and they look so much more interesting than most other cars.
Is it worth 50k to me, I doubt it
Standard 1.5 for 30k, definitely, in red please :icon_grin:

You obviously haven't pushed a Awd hard enough chris, when they snap and you are not concentrating enough, it'll be interesting, especially if you let off

Totally agree Alan! Not having a go Chris at you either.... but 4wd cars demand lots of respect too!
They demand respect from a driver & look easy to drive with a person who knows how!

I cut my teeth in all forms of drive over the years and the 4wd is the most scary when it goes Pete Tong!!

That civic is mental looking but I tip my hat to any company who is still making these cars and not boring electric hybrids.
Keep doing it is what I say.
Even if it looks off the wall.

I'd agree 110%....
I agree the styling is not everyone's cup of tea..
Imagine what they will be like when the mods start coming for this car ...few extra horses here and there suspension tweeks roll bars ....i am looking forward to seeing what this car and the mods holds for us in the future..only savage.....
Not to mention that lump in a lotus another stroke of genius from Honda

On the styling, these look completely different in the flesh than they do in any amount of glossy mag photos etc. They're very hard captured. Even "normal" photos capture them better, whatever the "pro" photographers were trying to achieve.

As for the lump, you can now buy it in a crate and do with it what you please. I think it was $5 - $7k.

Crazy look hatch but fair play to Honda for still making cars like this. Subaru are dead in the water, very rare you even see one left on the road. Hang onto your scoobys lads they will only appreciate in value!!

I've had some great craic in my Focus ST since i bought it , but i do miss the 4wd traction from a stand still. im sure the newer more modern FWD's are better at getting all that power down

My legacy caught me out on Mondello, the first time out , wasnt expecting it to snap and fish tail like it did, luckily no damage apart from a bruised ego.

Chris lets go test drive one tomorrow, im sure they will let you take one out in pulling up in the integra!

Had subarus for 11 years in our family and drove them all hard, including a good few other awd cars since. Maybe I'm just lucky but none have snapped back at me.

I have seen them snap alright but just never happened to me

And Fair play to them for offering this to customers

Genius

Civic Type R engine in a Scooby anyone [emoji1][emoji2]????

Chris gotta agree with the lads above awd will kill ya quick if your not on top of it

Fact they look after you right up to that point is the scary bit then you really on your own[emoji1]

And personally think fwd easyest and safest setup for driving on real predictable on the limit

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The looks aren't for everyone. Subaru is doing something right these days as they are selling in Japan and the States like hot cakes. They don't care about European countries like the UK and us. Our tax systems are terrible. They sell better in central Europe.

Yes, the Impreza could easily put down more power but lets not forget, power isn't everything these days. Everyone is going for these 1000 HP Supras and their 500 HP hot hatches. Either way, I'd drive the Civic but I don't like it's looks.

Back