Boots new member from tipperary

As Gary said this Sunday is a cars and coffee in tullamore and I'm sure a good few of us will be there,it's a charity one but will give you a chance to meet some of us ????

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

As Gary said this Sunday is a cars and coffee in tullamore and I'm sure a good few of us will be there,it's a charity one but will give you a chance to meet some of us ????

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Hopefully have exhaust sorted on mine by by then [emoji23] haven't anything at moment as mid section of original was rotted

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Boots 2.5 makes power easly sports cat or decat and good map should see nice bump to 270 to 280 bhp and good increase in Toqure[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Boots 2.5 makes power easly sports cat or decat and good map should see nice bump to 270 to 280 bhp and good increase in Toqure[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
That's the plan to bump it up probably go sports cat rather de cat just because of the inconvenience of every 12 months change it back for not

The only thing is I love the look of an intercooler at the front [emoji7]

Make more power on front mount id say and i agree it does look well but theres lag and less throttle response then tmic depends what you like

Welcome to the club lad, I have your cars twin the last 7 years, lovely cars to drive, just a real pitty about the tax.

Attachments

• IMG_20171021_140440.jpg
    IMG_20171021_140440.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 45
welcome. That car you have is mint as i bought the original wheels off it!

welcome along .

great to see another hawk in the ranks .

have mine since 2010 and would have any thing in her place . enjoy the car :thumbsup:

Had you any issues through the years with yours ?

Very little in fairness to it and I have done a few track days in her and over 100 thousand kms.
I have got the air control value turned off true the ECU about 3 years ago, then about 2 years ago I had a CEL
For a injector issue but it turned out to be broken cables feeding the injectors and then the same again this year with a throttle body CEL which turned out to be broken cables feeding the throttle body, very minor things but are hard to find for most mechanics.

There fairly reliably in standard form as there running a really small turbo and under powered, they really need a turbo change to get the best from them but then your basically waiting for the head gasket to go.

I won't even remap mine for a extra few ponys because it will give you issues, I have a sports cat on with no map and it runs 250bhp and 290 torque which is plenty for daily driving.

If you want more than that I would rebuild with better pistons and up rated head studs and then you can get a bigger turbo and run over 300 bhp no problem

Very good that's very reliable. I have a dump valve on the way and probably do intercooler and performance air intake.
Other than that a few outside bits

I went for the sti top mount as the fmic are very expensive for the hawk and the fact I new I was never going to go over 400 bhp which the sti tmic is capibale of.

Also have tein coilovers in mine which make a nice difference and a hks bov., The standard air box is very good but a preformance filter will sound great especially with a fmic.

Back