EJ20 Head Gaskets

tommytoofar

Doing the head gaskets on my MY00 GC8 Irish Impreza Turbo 2000. Can anyone please advise on what the best gaskets to fit are? Looking at Cosworth ones, but getting two options of 0.78mm and 1.1mm.

In anyone's experience what would be the best option, bearing in mind that these are being replaced on a car with just over 200k miles on the engine.

Nothing wrong with Genuine Subaru ones. The head gasket issue was most likely caused by a coolant system issue. As in ran on water, leaking rad not replaced straight away etc etc.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Nothing wrong with Genuine Subaru ones. The head gasket issue was most likely caused by a coolant system issue. As in ran on water, leaking rad not replaced straight away etc etc.

So full coolant and a brand new rad would be a must? Replaced the rad not long after buying it at its first service

Cannot really comment as never seen the car. Or know it.

But yes. All cooling related systems replaced.

Depends how old it is if it's a fairly new rad and it holds pressure the reuse it :thumbsup: no point spending money on 1 if it's not needed

new rad

its the first thing i suggest when anyone mentions a head gasket on a classic is to replace the radiator with a new one .. in approx 25% of the time its the rad blocked not head gasket .

Back