Hi from Cork

Many thanks for all your welcome posts. I'm actually talking to the owner of a blue 1998 Sti Type RA V-Limited in Ennis, will view it on Friday, the ad is on donedeal but I tried to post it here a few times yesterday and the posts just don't show up. (Do I need to reach a number of posts to put links or pics?)

Also keeping an eye on the Japanese auctions trough JDM Auctions Watch, any of ye have experience with them? UK import at the minute is the last option that I consider.

yes I used JDM Auction Watch in the past would recommend them.

this the car? -> https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars...eza-sti-wrx-type-ra-very-limited-555/14145224

Many thanks for all your welcome posts. I'm actually talking to the owner of a blue 1998 Sti Type RA V-Limited in Ennis, will view it on Friday, the ad is on donedeal but I tried to post it here a few times yesterday and the posts just don't show up. (Do I need to reach a number of posts to put links or pics?)

Also keeping an eye on the Japanese auctions trough JDM Auctions Watch, any of ye have experience with them? UK import at the minute is the last option that I consider.

Hi rafa,

I have seen that add many times and wondered about it , I live in Ennis and have never seen that car, also all the pictures in the advert are not taken in Ireland imo, did the seller say it is in storage or on Irish plates,

Just food for thought, the car looks gorgeous and I hope I'm wrong, I'm around Friday if you need moral support????

Judging by the name the seller is Bulgarian. The reg plate looks like german :ponder2:

Yeah Tommy I spotted that also, I'd love to see that car as I've been admiring it for months on done deal , I hope it's above board

Hi lads,

Yes those pics were taken in Germany. Apparently he moved there 5 years ago and came back to Ireland last year. He owns the car since 2006 and the car is currently stored and declared off the road, NCT due since March. It's back on Irish plates and it seemed to check out when I ran the reg number at the nct website. According to VIN plate the car is a Sti V4 Type RA V-Limited, although I believe that only 555 were built and one of the pics on the add shows unit 0545/1000. Also the seats are V3.

Pedro555, I'd be delighted if you want to tag along, I only know theory about this cars so far, and probably won't know where to look at or what way it should feel if driving it. I'm planning to get there around 3.30-4.

Thank you all!

Bag of spuds? Dont be mean make it at least a bag of chips and a 6pack of Svyturys
:1poke:
Right right, thats fine I just wanted to stock up spuds for christmas, 6 pack svyturys and a bag of jockeys it is so

Sent from my E6833 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hi lads,

Yes those pics were taken in Germany. Apparently he moved there 5 years ago and came back to Ireland last year. He owns the car since 2006 and the car is currently stored and declared off the road, NCT due since March. It's back on Irish plates and it seemed to check out when I ran the reg number at the nct website. According to VIN plate the car is a Sti V4 Type RA V-Limited, although I believe that only 555 were built and one of the pics on the add shows unit 0545/1000. Also the seats are V3.

Pedro555, I'd be delighted if you want to tag along, I only know theory about this cars so far, and probably won't know where to look at or what way it should feel if driving it. I'm planning to get there around 3.30-4.

Thank you all!

No problem I'm around if you want, I'll pm you my number, I'm no mechanic by the way just found out a few things about the jdm classiscs the hard way,

Did you run VIN number through www.type-ra .com wedsite,? They have database on all jdm classics and what exact model they are,

Also do cartell check on Irish reg plate to see when it came into country to check sellers story, pm on the way????

Yes I checked the model code on that web and it is a Sti V4 Type-RA V-Limited. Model code (GC8E4DD) is the same for limited and non limited but according to engine and transmission codes it should be a V-Limited.

Will do cartell check.

Good advice there :thumbsup: hope it works out for you make check for rust on the sills around the rear door areas :thumbsup:

And boot, lift the mat check around top mounts etc is all ok if possible take off rubber lining around boot and check for rust

Sent from my E6833 using Tapatalk

Well lads couple of things, first of all the bag of spuds goes to dontommy and second, the subaru is already in Cork! Many thanks to all for the advise and specially to Pedro555 who came to see the car and was of huge help. Will put up some pics soon!

Ah great stuff rafa,

stunning car, one of the cleanest classics STI i've seen in a while, old owner was an 'acquired taste' but obviously looked after his cars, the very best of luck with it, now join up and come to a few events????????

Back