Hi from Cork

rafa_vtc

ISDC Club Member
Hi everybody,

I'm Rafa from Spain, living in Cork for the last four years. Been reading for a while as I always liked Subarus, but now it is about time for me to get one.

Actually on the lookout for a GC8 sti, couple of nice units on donedeal slipped from my hands but hopefully I'll get a good one soon. Also contemplating to import from Japan/UK but a bit afraid of a big VRT or not doing it right.

Cheers.

Welcome along Rafa and happy hunting. Classic are getting old now and hard to find a good one from already small market. Good luck

Welcome. There is enough lads that have imported on here so don't be afraid to ask.

:clap:Welcome along Rafa :thumbsup: don't be afraid to ask any questions you have or advice about a car as there is a wealth of knowledge here from members .

Best set of luck with the search good cars are hard to find now and classic sti are no differant :thumbsup: keep us posted

Hi everybody,

I'm Rafa from Spain, living in Cork for the last four years. Been reading for a while as I always liked Subarus, but now it is about time for me to get one.

Actually on the lookout for a GC8 sti, couple of nice units on donedeal slipped from my hands but hopefully I'll get a good one soon. Also contemplating to import from Japan/UK but a bit afraid of a big VRT or not doing it right.

Cheers.
Welcome lad the right car will come along keep an eye on this members have some nice cars from time to time for sale

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Welcome and as said above best advice is post cars your looking at here

Lads are very helpfull[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Welcome along, keep an eye on donedeal they do come up now and again but to find a clean one that doesn't need work is hard

Try Imprezas For Sale on facebook, all imprezas that come up for sale on ebay they advertise them there and mainly all in uk.
Theres one sti type r in blue for sale on scoobynet in uk with few mods and tasty wheels over 6k sterling i think :thumbsup:

Thanks for the welcome lads. I'm talking to the owner of ad below at the moment, will go see it at the end of the week. I also have a look everyday at the auctions in Japan. Would you recommend JDM Auctions Watch for bringing a car over? UK at the minute is the last option I consider unless something really good come up.

Type r and type ra in that order are the top preference.

https://www.donedeal.ie/adview/view/14145224

While I wait to get my Subaru I leave a pic here of the little fella that I have parked in the shed in Spain, a rare polo G40
View attachment 2016-08-15 16.22.34.jpg

Attachments

• 2016-08-15 16.22.34.jpg
    7.1 MB · Views: 15
Many thanks for all the welcome posts lads. Actually talking to the owner of ad below, will see the car at the end of the week. Also keeping an eye on Japanese auctions. UK at the minute is the last option I consider.

Preference is type r and type ra in that order.

In the meantime, I leave a pic here of the little fella that I have parked in the shed back home. It's a rare Polo G40 with some nice engine mods.

View attachment 2016-08-15 16.22.34.jpg

Attachments

• 2016-08-15 16.22.34.jpg
    7.1 MB · Views: 13
Thanks for all the welcome posts lads. Actually talking with he owner of the car in ad below, will view it on Friday, what do ye think? Also keeping an eye on Japanese auctions. Have any of you have experience with JDM Auctions Watch? At the minute, UK import is the last option that I consider.

Priority is type r and type ra in that order.

Thanks again and I'll keep bothering ye with some questions.

Many thanks for all your welcome posts. I'm actually talking to the owner of a blue 1998 Sti Type RA V-Limited in Ennis, will view it on Friday, the ad is on donedeal but I tried to post it here a few times yesterday and the posts just don't show up. (Do I need to reach a number of posts to put links or pics?)

Also keeping an eye on the Japanese auctions trough JDM Auctions Watch, any of ye have experience with them? UK import at the minute is the last option that I consider.

Back