Ireland Insurance

Hi Pedro, does Autoline cover irish cars? I can't find any irish website.

As Gordon said autoline are based in Coleraine, n. Ireland, they cover Irish registered cars on classic policy only once you have another daily car,

Car doesn't have to be 20 yrs old depending on your age, they have been covering my type r for the last two years and it a 1998 reg car but im old now???? at 41.

Thanks to everybody, the problem which I have is that they don't insure any High Performance car on my name because I'm a foreigner. They don't accept NCB from different country or even Driver Licence, I have licence for more than 10 years, spanish NCB 10 years, I'm 32 years old and I have just 1 year NCB in Ireland. The minumum years to be able to do the insurance is 5 years irish NCB, doesn't mater if you are 60 years old and more than 40 Years NCB if you don't have history in Ireland there is nothing to do, i can't avoid to imagine Lewis Hamilton asking for a insurance quote in Ireland , hehehe.

Sorry to hear. Best option is swap your Spanish license for an Irish license and insure the car outright.

However, no NCB on the likes of an STI is another hurdle. Tbh anything is going to be expensive for you due to lack of NCB.

So, ring everyone and see if you can get someone to accept your Spanish NCB. Get it in writing if they say yes.

I will never forget back in the days l was getting renewal with axa and the broker was telling me that they dont do performance cars but they are doing exception for me because lm such a good customer and also l have all those years ncb back from my country. The funny thing was that l didnt have or ever give them any ncb from my home country as l only passed my test days before my travel to Ireland :facepalm:

I am a foreigner too and I had no driving history. No problem getting my STi Type RA on classic insurances through Autoline. You obviousy aren’t asking them for classic insurance. They insure everyone.

I have Full Irish Licence one year ago. I didn't try as a classic car because I' m looking for a Ver5 and as you know those cars are no more than 17-18 years.... Should I tried as a classic car?

I have Full Irish Licence one year ago. I didn't try as a classic car because I' m looking for a Ver5 and as you know those cars are no more than 17-18 years.... Should I tried as a classic car?

If ur over 25 they should cover that car on a classic policy providing your have a daily car insured in your name :54:

Hopefully as a classic car will be the way to insure the car, I just want to insure the car and drive peacefully. I'm at the moment that I don't care the price I just want to be insured.

A bit personal but if you have a partner and she is irish or at least longer in Ireland you may try to insure in her name. But still remember that with Autoline you need to have already insurance on different daily car

A bit personal but if you have a partner and she is irish or at least longer in Ireland you may try to insure in her name. But still remember that with Autoline you need to have already insurance on different daily car

My partner is Swedish, I have a daily car insured with Third Party in Liberty. I will try in that way :54:

Cheers

Hmmmm I asked about a 98 this year and they said no, next year.??? And I’m 37

Hmmmm I asked about a 98 this year and they said no, next year.??? And I’m 37

Their demand went through the roof for 15 year old japs, so they changed their criteria. For new business it's now 20 years and over 30.

Thanks to everybody, the problem which I have is that they don't insure any High Performance car on my name because I'm a foreigner. They don't accept NCB from different country or even Driver Licence, I have licence for more than 10 years, spanish NCB 10 years, I'm 32 years old and I have just 1 year NCB in Ireland. The minumum years to be able to do the insurance is 5 years irish NCB, doesn't mater if you are 60 years old and more than 40 Years NCB if you don't have history in Ireland there is nothing to do, i can't avoid to imagine Lewis Hamilton asking for a insurance quote in Ireland , hehehe.

Irish insurance companies are a joke and make up the rules as they go, even if it means breaking the law. They will break the law for as long as they can get away with it (if nobody challenges it they stay at it).

>> IF you have NCB from another EU member state they Must accept and honour it... end off.

Present then with written proof of your Spanish NCB.
If they do Not accept it, then request a written letter stating they will not accept your Spanish NCB.
> Once you have that in hand (and not before you have written proof of them declining your Spanish NCB) tell them they are obliged to accept EU Member state NCB and that you will now refer the case to the financial ombudsman / regulator as they are breaking the law -- or they could now honour it and give you a reasonable quote... whichever route they prefer.

Back