Bolt on Sequential shifter

One of the lads had one years ago on an evo 6 pretty cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think its awesome, wonder are they any use or would they pack up fairly quick and shift you in to wrong gears or something like that

Steering wheel paddle shift is where it’s at if I was spending that kinda money you still have to take a hand off the wheel to shift

The flappy paddles don’t do it for me. My daily used to be automatic which I love for cruising but for anything performance might sound a bit queer but I much prefer the lever in my hand

If you can be have both hands on the wheel at all times you have a lot more control doing a lot less work . Know what you mean about manual shift grand for a blast but if you looking for times on a track paddle is key

Well, its technically still your classic H pattern gearbox, so you still need to clutch in? Also, isnt the biggest benefit of sequential gearboxes fact that it uses straight cut gears instead of helical, which allows for that direct clutchless shifting that makes the whole shifting much faster and allows for less losses from crank to wheels?

This looks to me like just another gimmick that is great for showing off, but wont really improve your driving

2k is probably not too bad if it actually works well. See the price of some CAE Shifters can be over 1k and it’s just a fancy quick shifter.

Back