Speaker help

Owain

Sunday Drivers
So I picked up some new front speakers for the speakers as the ones in it were beyond useless. I bought some vibe component speakers. I'd hoped I would be able to just run a wire with spade connectors from the factory plug to the wire and that would be it but unfortunately this doesn't seem to work. So if anyone can point me in the right direction on how to get em up and running that'd be great [emoji106]
Stock 03 wrx headunit b

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

You can buy the connections in Halfords that convert it to fit speakers
e52bfecf647dbd032ff42a117b573d29.jpg

Mine came in spacer box but can also get them separate

You can buy the connections in Halfords that convert it to fit speakers
e52bfecf647dbd032ff42a117b573d29.jpg

Mine came in spacer box but can also get them separate
I've made up spacers but the issue seems to be the driver side front speaker doesn't work, but the passenger one works perfectly. Both are wired from the factory connector just using spade connectors. I don't understand what's happening as to why the driver side doesn't work

Unless left/right balance is off must be a loose or brake in cables you could check with a volt meter the resistance but have to take out head unit to test cable going to door but if it worked before you took out old one check connections are good put old speaker back on to check

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless left/right balance is off must be a loose or brake in cables you could check with a volt meter the resistance but have to take out head unit to test cable going to door but if it worked before you took out old one check connections are good put old speaker back on to check

The balance is working, rear speakers work fine. I checked the connections going to both front speakers and they are getting the same voltage. Weirdly when I connect the speaker on the driver side the tweeter plays music but the speaker doesn't...
I hate electrical problems :(

If voltage coming out of cable and doesn't speaker don't work must be faulty speaker if u have volt meter you can check new speaker with it

I've tested that by connecting the speaker on the other side where it worked perfectly...

If volts same at both sides that's strange to say the least but does the old one work in door below tweeter

If volts same at both sides that's strange to say the least but does the old one work in door below tweeter

Nope it does not, although that could be blown as they are absolutely battered.
This could be due to my lack of knowledge too... With Component speakers is it necessary to run a crossover, even when you don't have an amp installed?

No should work with out amp mine do anyway be unlikely that the two sets are gone I'd say break in cable from unit to door

No should work with out amp mine do anyway be unlikely that the two sets are gone I'd say break in cable from unit to door

But surely wouldn't be getting power then would it?

No you're right if it has consistent power it's strange that it ain't working I the fact that tweet is working above it is strange [emoji848]I am sure someone will have had similar issues might help i am stuck from what you say unfortunately pal

Swop other speaker over and see if same
If not speaker
It's cabling
Or your head unit was fooked to begin with
Stock units are poor anyway so dump that and see how you get on would be my advice
And if same fresh cable from head unit should sort

Great value in halfords on double din units at the minute! Standard head units are dirt
Would like to get it swapped out alright... Just got other expenses due like TB & wp, pads all round, caliper rebuilds etc [emoji23] I think I'll just have to add it to the list.
Cheers lads, I'll peal some of the cabling further back and see if anything obvious sticks out.
Swapping speakers around changes nothing.

Back