Lamco Boost Gauge Readings_ Accurate?

Pedro555

ISDC Club Member
Fitted a Factory Option Steering Column Lamco Boost Gauge today on the Type R which reads up to 1.3 bar.

Before I fitted it I noticed the needle was at -.2 and not 0. Should it be at 0 when switched off,?

Anyway after fitting it it reads -.7 on idle which is about right I believe.

Drove the car in every gear on full boost and the highest it reads was .8 bar, car is remapped to 1.2 bar , car doesn't feel any slower.

Now are these gauges accurate? Or is the problem my fitment, there was a 5 mm line going from manifold to bov, I taped into that and ran a 4 mm line to join with 4mm line that came with Lamco gauge leaving the brass restrictor pill in place , I presume that brass restrictor pill stays.,?

There doesn't appear to me any leaks etc

So is it me or the gauge, any opinions welcome????, thanks

I've found it accurate Kieran shoots up to 1.4 Bar and stays there on boost i run the Toqure App too and mirrors exactly what Lamco is doing think I've a spare restrictor pill there somewhere if u need it just need to dig it out????

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Say it’s off a it should read 0 have a spare 1 here if you want to try it Ciaran :thumbsup:

It is reading wrong, I have had a few gauges that have done that. If you in the dublin area I can just plug in the lunch and tell you what manifold pressure is. Then you will have a good idea what the gauge should be calibrated to..

We did meet in person come to think of it. I was at the runway event in the silver subaru

It is reading wrong, I have had a few gauges that have done that. If you in the dublin area I can just plug in the lunch and tell you what manifold pressure is. Then you will have a good idea what the gauge should be calibrated to..

We did meet in person come to think of it. I was at the runway event in the silver subaru

Ah yes Steve I think I came over to you admiring your car, thanks for offer, illbtake you up in it if I can't rectify it????

Well got the lamco gauge recalibrated tonight. Now neddle is resting at 0 when car is off.

Black metal front cover of gauge can be prised off from main part of gauge with very small flat screwdriver, it takes a bit of time , be very careful not to damage glass and metal inner circular frame that glass face sits in. Glass cover and metal inner frame pop off with black metal cover.

Rotate neddle anti clockwise and it clicks and resets each time. Keep going until it sets at 0 again.

Reverse procedure to reassemble, black metal frame does sustain a small bit of damage but is covered by rubber pod so looks perfect,

Turned car on and it works perfect.

Thanks to fozzy and ciaran WRX for the links��

Back