2005 Nissan Almera 1.5 petrol feedback

enda

Getting a run around for the winter and these seem to fit the bill nicely, very cheap, cheap tax, cheap to run. Only thing is ive heard they are prone to timing chain trouble ?

Any people on here that maybe have or worked in garages that can give me feedback on this , or is it that common ? Dont want to have to fork out for a timing chain service thats costing more than the car

Is it a case of only bad stories get posted on the interwebs and not the good news..

Timing chains stretch usually signalled by camshaft position sensor coherence or out of range fault but doesn’t usually affect running.
Gearboxes give trouble you will hear a whine while driving.
Front radiator crossmember rusts and is NCT failure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Timing chains stretch usually signalled by camshaft position sensor coherence or out of range fault but doesn’t usually affect running.
Gearboxes give trouble you will hear a whine while driving.
Front radiator crossmember rusts and is NCT failure

Would it be that common for the chain to stretch ? Ive noticed their is ALOT of almeras on the road...The one im looking at thiseve has 150k kms on it but he said the chain was never dealt with

Would it be that common for the chain to stretch ? The one im looking at thiseve has 150k kms on it but he said the chain was never dealt with

If it’s not noisey and no engine faults/ light on I wouldn’t worry about it. Regular oil change history helps

I sold one of these recently, cheap cars, once chain isn't noisy I wouldn't worry about it. If it's burning oil and running low that's normally what causes issues with chain. Rust is a major thing of Nissan of that generation like séanie said, Micra and primera included

Back