Classic Insurance on 97 Type R

It really does, can't think of the company or figure now but I was getting a quote of let's say €1,000.
Rang em back about a week later and had a more expensive quote with the exact same details, €250 odd more like

car has to be 20 years old for classic policy
never heard of 15

15 with Autoline on certain cars. It's not a traditional classic policy, rather a second policy with limited mileage. I think Aviva underwrite it down South.

car has to be 20 years old for classic policy
never heard of 15

Autoline do 15 years Stephen depending on your age, I'm with them.two years on classic policy and my car was 18 yrs old when I first took out policy, it's 20 yrs in rep. Of Ireland alright

very strange set up!
they must change their policy daily

great to be able to insure these cars for 250 - 300e
but i wonder how long they will do this before they get burnt
every tom **** and harry is now abuse the classic insurance system

i have mates with twincams insured with agreed valuations for 20 - 30k at a cost of only 300 euros
if 1 of those cars gets crashed or stolen then the figures dont add up for the company
i had to get valuation done from toyota on my twincam for my insurance company

phoned autoline earlier to inquire about classic insurance , and was told NO , car must be at least 20 years old for classic

so that scuppers my plan

:new_puppy_dog_eyes:

97 typr r’s are the way forward :thumb:

being honest too many lads trying it and it willl close till the cars Are 30 years old if it stays going the way it’s goung .

97 typr r’s are the way forward :thumb:

being honest too many lads trying it and it willl close till the cars Are 30 years old if it stays going the way it’s goung .

Or hopefully it goes the other way and Autoline realise in 2 years they've a few lads on the books with Imprezas as classics and have never made a claim and start offering it again.

Back