Classic Insurance on 97 Type R

pugtk

Sunday Drivers
Gave autoline a call yesterday thinking I would get a decent quote. Had to be 30 to get a quote.

Insured my 205 on a classic policy with campion, they wont touch a Subaru

Where's the best place to take out a classic policy the jdm stuff?

27 with 10 years no claims- Full License 9 Years

Last edited:
couple of my friends have impreza on their classic policy
all over 30

think it depends who u get on the phone

I’ve the FD with Autoline?

Try Carole Nash maybe but they’re funny with jap stuff not too sure after that I’m afraid

I’ve the FD with Autoline?

Try Carole Nash maybe but they’re funny with jap stuff not too sure after that I’m afraid

What age are you ?

You don't have a direct line/name of the person you were dealing with?

What age are you ?

You don't have a direct line/name of the person you were dealing with?

I’m 41 (unfortunately!) I spoke with a guy called Rob - that’s all I have I’m afraid but it wasn’t a problem back in June

You would wonder what is going to happen if autoline decide to shut the door

why the hell would a classic policy have open drive ?

I have open drive on a classic policy with Campion on the 205!

My brother has open drive on all his classic policys too, we often jump between each others cars and at least where covered!

I'm with autoline on my 1998 type r, no open driving on my classic policy. I'm 41 and have another daily car.

Autoline changed their criteria for Jap Import classics due to the sharp rise of younger drivers insuring them. Over 30 now.

Yeah that's a bit much tho that you have to be 30. Autoline one of very few that'll take 15 year old car as classic too.

What is shocking is that l have to wait for only another 3 years and mine "last of the blobs" will qualify for classic insurane :shock2:

So is there any place that would insure a 15 year old JDM import to a 28 year old? Lol

30 is the new 18... 30 is the new 18... 30 is the new 18... maybe if I keep saying it ????????

That's actually madness too Tommy. Sure my legacy is eligible now too, crazy like

Back