Stolen rs focus

My mate has one exact the same as that one sitting outside his gaff, dont know how he sleeps with all them getting lifted so easy. My scooby has a immobiliser that needs two fobs to disable, only way theyre getting it is lifting it onto a flatbed or taking them from my bedroom.

Great to hear it's back in one piece

I was broken into few years ago .scumbags with knife and saying they were going to shoot me !
Had 05 a3 sportback 3.2 Quattro about 2 years and used to lock it up every night then got lazy thinking this sort of sh*t wouldn't happen .
Never slept right for year or two after that and regretted so much not having something to strike them back with
Any little noise I hear at night I'm up and ready for anyone who tries pull a knife on me in my gaff .

My yoke was never found, lost a chunk of my no claims , insurance company trying to value car the same as 2.0tdi ... Just pure bullshit . It's all nice with them shower paying ur policy , make a claim and they are pig ignorant.

To make matters worse county council tried to fine me for littering!! Told them car was stolen and everything dumped out of it , they said I could be making that up .. Got letters for court over it and ignored them all

While on topic of car security what does the key pad do in the flip down panel in my 04 blob it has alarm is it part of that or something else just never used it only thinking of it now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Must say I'm impressed with the ghost now that it's fitted properly. While it's no guarantee car won't get stolen I'm off the beaten track with a car in a garage tucked behind the house. I've got a number of other security measures too...

I don't think I'd be comfortable with the car sat outside the front of the house on full view anymore.

All that said if someone steals the car it'll be using a truck or they'll have got me to start it for them

While on topic of car security what does the key pad do in the flip down panel in my 04 blob it has alarm is it part of that or something else just never used it only thinking of it now
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My '04 Blob had it too. It is an uprated alarm fitted in UK cars. Also means your car immobiliser will come on if you do not start the car within 30 seconds of opening and disarming it with the key fob. In that case you can either insert the key and turn on ignition and press the unlock key again to disarm, or put in the 4-6 digit code on that keypad to disarm it. Also need that keypad with the master code to program in new keys (dealer can do it even though UK alarm as got a replacement key in Carroll & Roche for my car). That alarm can also be configured such that it will stay immobilised until code is entered (with other words key/remote opens car, key immobiliser RFID chip still needed to be able to start car as unprogrammed key or one without right RFID chip will mean immobiliser, still on, but also need to put in code before it can be started). The above is an extra layer of security, but also a pain every time you need to start it you have 15 sec from entering code to start. If car cuts out need to put in code before it can be started which can be unsafe in some traffic situations. Mine used to also lock all the doors automatically after 30 seconds of opening and disarming with the remote fob. This was regardless of whether the key was in the ignition or not. Personally hate that feature on any car as invariably it locks you out one day with the key in the car (when working around car etc). You can turn this on and off using the keypad too.

Here's a link to the full info on that alarm, including codes on how to set / change some of the features, program new key fobs etc.
http://www.scoobypedia.co.uk/uploads/Knowledge/sigma_m30_codes.pdf
http://www.scoobypedia.co.uk/uploads/Knowledge/sigma_m30_manual.pdf

The above is an extra layer of security, but also a pain every time you need to start it you have 15 sec from entering code to start. If car cuts out need to put in code before it can be started which can be unsafe in some traffic situations.

I didn't like the traffic thing having to start it so I don't use the alarm anymore but might get something more up to date soon.

All these systems like ghost etc is great but if they want the car badly enough they will either just lift it onto a flat bed or break into your house and force you to start it.

I would rather avoid the latter if you have family in the house. At the end of the day its just a car no matter how passionate you are about it and it can be replaced. If you or a member of your family gets hurt or worse during the break in you/they cant be replaced.

This is why I think keypads etc are a bad idea

All these systems like ghost etc is great but if they want the car badly enough they will either just lift it onto a flat bed or break into your house and force you to start it.

I would rather avoid the latter if you have family in the house. At the end of the day its just a car no matter how passionate you are about it and it can be replaced. If you or a member of your family gets hurt or worse during the break in you/they cant be replaced.

This is why I think keypads etc are a bad idea

Agree,

If its a high end car that a determined or professional gang want they will have it either by flatbed or force.

Any alarm is a deterrent for your usual gouger but not for the professionals

No one wants to find themselves in the position of being forced to start the car under threat but I think you should make it a bit difficult for the crims otherwise they've won

Other thing with certain cars is to go for something that's stands out so less likely to be a target for more serious criminals. I doubt anyone would be planning to use a lime green rs for a bank job, subtle it ain't

No one wants to find themselves in the position of being forced to start the car under threat but I think you should make it a bit difficult for the crims otherwise they've won

Other thing with certain cars is to go for something that's stands out so less likely to be a target for more serious criminals. I doubt anyone would be planning to use a lime green rs for a bank job, subtle it ain't

High end cars usually stolen for export or breaking not for jobs

Was anyone arrested for it? Or was it just found..

A newer version of the Clifford hi jack idea would be great, if it could be fitted stealthily and activated by a phone app or call... I’m sure something exists out there

Considering the owner has 4 door cossie too, the RS was stolen to order

Not that I heard,car found in croom parked up. Probably waiting to see if it bad tracker fitted

Back