Boost issues...

Owain

Sunday Drivers
Had an issue with the 03 wrx a few days ago. It was running perfect no problems 0.9bar boost, no issue. Then suddenly while on a drive it suddenly fell to 0.5 bar. I pulled in shortly after, turned the car off, let it sit for a few minutes, switched back on and it ran perfect for the rest of the journey. Then I took it out the other evening, ran perfect for a while and then same issue again although shutting it off didn't resolve the issue.
I had put petrol in, from a fairly new Topaz Miles fuel pump about 30 minutes prior to the first incident. Possibly bad fuel? Or else a knock sensor on the way out?
It's also an Irish car.

Sticking turbo vanes? I'd firstly check my maf and map sensors

When did you last change plugs, coils leads etc ?

Could be 1 of a few things really , fuel pump , Maf , loose or split pipe very much doubt it's the petrol is the car mapped or standard

Unplagged MAF and the car immediately shut off, Don't really think that's the issue.... Hopefully will be able to get it plugged in and sorted once and for all. Plugs just got changed along with all filters and that. Issue arose before and after plugs were changed. It resolved if the battery is disconnected for a few minutes...

Back