Advice on painting callipers

eddieg957

Alright lads I've gotten a set of 4 pots in need of a refurb I've ordered new seals and pistons from import car parts but I'm wondering about paint I'm considering going red with white for the subaru writing the red is no issue unless anyone has a link to sti red ! But what's the story with the white will normal white spray not turn yellow with the heat and brake dust I can't find heat resistant white anywhere hanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just use a heat resistant white decal - much less hassle then trying to stencil and spray

I used this foliatec kit, some tack dries really smooth and just got decal off eBay.

Attachments

• IMG_4189.JPG
    IMG_4189.JPG
    317.2 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_4190.PNG
    IMG_4190.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 50
Same as above and just lacquer over decal

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Any good 2-pack,waterbase car paint will do,just done these today,you only need VHT on callipers if your going to be doing trackdays,but as normal daily driving paint and lacquer from your local autofactors will do,just prep calipers properly and use a good etch primer first,have done loads off calipers for road cars and years later there still perfect.

Attachments

• IMAG0056.jpg
    IMAG0056.jpg
    989.9 KB · Views: 40
  • IMAG0052.jpg
    IMAG0052.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 40
Many thanks lads will use vht paint and order decals didn't realise they were heat resistant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back