Secret RTE Producer twitter

[FONT=&quot]start time: 10 am...ish. Normally people queue for our first coffee and scone in the oasis (thats the coffee shop in the rte tv building)

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]first break - 11am - time for another coffee. 20 mins minimum. i know we just had coffee, but hey.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Lunch 1-2. Although usually 1245-215. There are hour long exercise, running and yoga classes everyday. so people do them, and eat lunch.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Second break around half three or four. That's another 20 minutes.People start leaving around half five. by 6 the place is deserted

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]So,people complaining about the way the [/FONT]#latelate[FONT=&quot] is filmed... Here's why everything shot in RTE studios looks like it's stuck in the 70s
[/FONT]
#rte[FONT=&quot] is very heavily unionised and the camera department (and studios in general) have used this power to...
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]make it hard to make good looking tv. Work practices are implemented not for safety, or staff protection, but to discourage innovation
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]because innovation is hard work. So here's some of the fun rules: Want to go handheld?in any other studio a cameraman picks up the camera
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] and a trainee looks after the cabling. In RTE you can;t use a trainee (10 euro per hour) you have to use ANOTHER CAMERAMAN (50 euro PH)
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Why? Because the union wants you to. No safety reason. Just protectionism. RTE has a one-man jib. In RTE you have to have 2 people for it
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]which makes it harder to use properly. why? Jobs for the boys. Nexy: training - there isn't any. People from other areas like staging...
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]are promoted, have a few chats with other camera people, and then, a week later are on set shooting. even though they cant shoot to save
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] their lives. If a camera person is bad. And a lot of them are. There is no way to make them better. If you complain, the union goes nuts.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]You can't request the good camera people, so every time you turn up in studio, you have different camera ops, some good, some bad
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Our [/FONT]#RTE[FONT=&quot] camera ops treat rehearsals like a joke. Routinely pulling up chairs and having a read of the paper, or Take a break, so when
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]you move between shots they routinely miss them. meaning the rehearsal has to stop and go back. so they can put down their magazine
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]That is why the Late Late, Ray Darcy, Prime Time and everything else we make look awful[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]so Staging. work past a certain hour, or weekends, it's double time. work late and weekends, triple time. Work past midnight, and it's
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]overtime payments that'd blow your mind. I've no problem with being paid overtime etc. but tv shows are made at night and weekends...
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]why should you hit the bonusball jackpot for turning up for your job? I'm just bitter because researchers/producers etc. dont have any...
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]overtime. Anyway that means that there are times when people from [/FONT]#rte[FONT=&quot] staging have earned over 100k a year. Staging, for those who don't
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]know, are the people who move sets.[/FONT]

Because they are fundedby the budget. If they are forced to go private and compete for the viewers they would be non.existing. and when it comes to unions they are always more in the way rather than helping. I was only not that long time ago watching a documentary about the educational system in US and no matter how usless as a teacher you are you can get sacked in worse case you are forced to sit in the room for the day doing nothing :eek:

He have to love the public sector.
They couldn't survive in real life.
Pity no one told me when I was leaving school it was the way to go .

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

A place where my friend worked in public. A staff member didn't have to use a computer cause union said so because they weren't there when she started so she opens post 45k a year for that finished at 2pm. Another girl used to have two coats and hand bags the same and leave one on chair and just go home etc couldn't sack her her boss had proof,she boss got done for bullying took 3 years to get her moved. My mate who went to tech with had a council job and is some Chippie could make anything and very neat basically left to rot in a shed doing nothing for last couple of years had enough with no work to be done for nearly 4 weeks set up his own thing and is flat out. I could fill this thread up with divide but we know kind of what it's like but the piss take can be crazy I remember myself a couple of years ago getting lynched by them for taking over time from them doing up flats with [emoji90]smeared on walls only to make a living on a crap price the bottom of work as it goes. a bitter taste when taxes are high on almost everything and as for licence fee tv3 made do with bit of advertising for years I don't think I it could be let go in other countries mad I say

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's in a lot of jobs I was a printer for years you couldn't take a pallet of paper out of the back of the machine or load a new pallet into the front of the machine because it was transports job lol and if he was on his lunch the machine would sit idle for an hour until he came back....
Crazy bo..llox ....Dublin bus is very heavily unionized

Have to say I got away with it for years inspector called when I just bought house I was staying here on my own for a bit hadn't really moved in he asked had I got a tv licence I said no I don't need one have no telly he came in and was in shock every thing in house bar a tv told him I don't watch telly. The next time they called was after renovating whole house called back 2 months later to catch me out still no tv had to buy one a couple of years ago so I don't feel to bad lol now they call every year if it's late [emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[FONT=&quot]People are asking me good things to FOI
- start with looking at taxis
- especially ones booked 8-11 in the morning going to rte
and 5-10 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]in the evening going from rte -
they are mainly staff using them and claiming them back,
even though it is private travel[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

Back