10 Years Today! :(

JAMIE-TYPERV6

Octane Boostaholics
Colin McRae, MBE 05/08/1968 - 15/09/2007. 10 years today!!

RIP Colin McRae

Attachments

• Colin-McRae-2.jpg
    Colin-McRae-2.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 87
0c599514176afd788b4c72d192b24d86.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Probably wouldn't have a Subaru only for him, although Bertie Fisher for me was a lot of it too.

Colin was in discussion to return to Subaru in 2008, what a sight that would have been!

https://www.motorsport-news.co.uk/news/rallying-news/wrc/mcrae-was-set-for-2008-subaru-reunion/

Meant to post here that I am heading over to Rally Legend in San Marino which celebrates his anniversary this year - parade lap of all ex-WRC champs in his old cars
All info here - http://www.rallylegend.com/en/
Im flying from Dublin the Thursday to Bologna and back Sunday from Pisa.

Pic i took of his cars at 20th anniversary of title win in Knockhill two years ago.

Attachments

• IMG_0745 small.jpg
    IMG_0745 small.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_3468.JPG
    IMG_3468.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 72
  • mcraeN1wrc.JPG
    mcraeN1wrc.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
10 Years Today! ????

10 years, crazy
First Subaru for me was a 94 jap wrx straight from Japan back in 2004, after following him in wrc and the Impreza and the way in was being driven , I just always wanted one .

There is just something about a classic Impreza

mcrae_wins_wrc_title_rally_gb_22_nov_1995_0.jpg
photokTD9Hv.jpg
SubaruColinMcraeImpreza.jpg

Attachments

• mcrae_wins_wrc_title_rally_gb_22_nov_1995_0.jpg
    mcrae_wins_wrc_title_rally_gb_22_nov_1995_0.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 67
  • SubaruColinMcraeImpreza.jpg
    SubaruColinMcraeImpreza.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 65
  • photokTD9Hv.jpg
    photokTD9Hv.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 65
out of all the rally drivers that have come and gone through the years , his name is probably the most iconic .

gone but never forgotten ....LEDGEND

think it was what must be near 15 years ago i seen him in the focus at a rally sprint event down in punchestown

forgot about this, in Colin championship winning car at its birth place Prodrive

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 57
out of all the rally drivers that have come and gone through the years , his name is probably the most iconic .

think it was what must be near 15 years ago i seen him in the focus at a rally sprint event down in punchestown

Me too that was a savage event.
I'll never forget when he went out you could instantly see the difference in class compared to all the other competitors!
He was much faster and his car control was just unnatural compared to anything I'd ever seen.

I remember he wanted a go in the 306 but couldn't as he was a contracted ford driver.

was there aswel .. savage day

95 rac

Went over to spectate the '95 RAC. We were sure McRae was about to write off the car right in front of us.....of course he didn't. And the rest is history.

We were so lucky to get the chance to watch him learn how to drive that fast on Irish tarmac.

So many memories - McHale there or thereabouts on the Circuit with the XTra Vision M3 versus the Prodrive Legacy.

Wasn't Fisher the only driver to score a fastest stage time over Colin in the '92 British Rally Championship?

Back