Stolen jeep

keith dublin

Member Number 161Full ISDC Members 2015
Mate of mine was going to the UK on holiday stuck the car on the ferry, while he was parking up he spotted my mates range rover knew the reg ...so he rang him to hook up with him on the boat . Phone rang a few times and he answered with a big sleepy head on him....turns out his jeep was gone off the drive so yer man on the boat called security ....boat had set off at this stage but when they got to the UK 6 high end cars were left on the boat turns out all stolen .....

Can you just rock up to a ferry and pay or do you need to book....obviously the same gang had the 6 and when one was seen they just walked away from the rest .....there has to be a way of stopping this crap ...I'd say it's happening every day...****s

Another BMW f10 went for a hop around the corner the other night keys still in the house

I think a tracker is the only yoke , if they want something bad enough they will come in with knives etc

I keep my sti well blocked in every night with two cars , pain in the sack getting it out in the morning but for piece of mind it's worth it

dont dock boat , cctv , nab scum .

as above , if they want it bad enough , they'll find a way .

This would have the second jeep to go missing ....they took his front window of the house out about 2 years ago and took his jeep ...never found it and insurance took months to pay out

trackers are no use
most end up going straight to containers in docks or boats so you need to act very fast

Thats shocking. But just goes to show that if they want your car theres nothing you can do about it

trackers are no use
most end up going straight to containers in docks or boats so you need to act very fast

I wouldn't say no use if the 6 cars on the boat had of had them I'm sure they could have been tracked

I think nowadays the technology that is out there the newer the car the easier it can be taken especially them keyless entry cars and buttons on the door handles which you can literally picukp the signal of the key with a special device from the house if the car is in the driveway and drive of with it and deal with the tracker after if there is one from factory but even if a vehicle is put it in a container or a garage from metal all insulated with special foil that no signal can come through it can still be located and thats a fact
I assume that all luxury cars the likes bmw,merc,range rovers etc have trackers built in them, but i seen a documentical movie made in russia how they work with a smartphone with certain stuff on it and a obd lead and just bypass any obstacles in minutes and the car is gone in less than ten minutes with no smashed windows, alarms triggered etc..

For the likes of our cars they wouldn't even be interested in them as they are no value to them but there is other scum out there who would take it for parts or a joyride, simple stuff like an oldschool steering lock, alarms with secret button to engange ignition , aftermarket tracker with fuel cut off as soon as it leaves you'r desired area and sends panick alarm to your phone certainly can make it hard for the ****s to take your joy

Last edited:
Back