Question for the boost Guru's

Fozzy

Petrolheads
Hi folks,

The forester is running a vf28 with TMIC and walbro fuel pump. Drives really well and pulls hard with a decent kick from the turbo.

The limiter was set to 0.8bar when I got it, feels like there's plenty more there so I assume it's been dialled in conservatively. I'm not sure what injectors are in there and would ideally like to have a mapper look at what's going on before I play with the levels but would I be right in thinking that I should be able to push it up to 1.2ish safely ?

Get her booked in with Ahongus in Galway did mine few years ago very happy with it

He will get most from it while remaining safe and drivable

0.8 standard boost of euro wrx mine at 1.3 so should be no problem as basically same engine

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Get her booked in with Ahongus in Galway did mine few years ago very happy with it

He will get most from it while remaining safe and drivable

0.8 standard boost of euro wrx mine at 1.3 so should be no problem as basically same engine

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Cheers Ciaran,

A mate of mine has the software so we're going to plug in the laptop and take a drive on Thursday - have a look at the map and see what's going on with the AFR, boost etc. We don't have enough experience with them (yet) to be confident making any major changes but it should give me an idea of the limits I'm looking at

So, interesting evening.

Couldn't get into the ECU but had a good root around. Despite the turbo and fuel pump upgraded, she's still only running stick boost. Speaking to Aonghus Power, the set up should be good for 1.4-1.5 happily. Can't understand why someone would go to the trouble of doing all that work and not remapping it.

Best guess is that it had an aftermarket ecu at some point which was pulled out and replaced with stock. Good news is that it will be a beast at twice the boost but now I need to work out if the stock JDM ecu is mappable - if so, happy days - very cheap smile value, if not, then I'll have to sort an ecu.

Stone motorsport have just got a four wheel dyno and are not too far away. Any feedback on Joe Power? Also there's westward engineering and Aonghus Power but the latter is a long drive away

Go with aonghus power, it's only two hour drive from Dublin to his place in Galway and really worth it, he is a perfectionist,

Stones dyno is the same as Aonghus. Joe is involved with brit car/land speed records/Le Man's 24 hour etc. Aonghus has been doing UK sessions and rally cars etc lately aswell.

It's all much of a muchness. Both well capable, just depends who can squeeze you in sooner. If you get through. :D

Stones dyno is the same as Aonghus. Joe is involved with brit car/land speed records/Le Man's 24 hour etc. Aonghus has been doing UK sessions and rally cars etc lately aswell.

It's all much of a muchness. Both well capable, just depends who can squeeze you in sooner. If you get through. :D

I got talking to Joe, he said mapping the stock JDM ecu should be no problem that he's done a good few of them before, auto might make it a bit slippy on the dyno but should be no problem. He's going to try and fit me in before Japfest which would be great! I'm in Kilkenny so Galway is over 3hrs away - stone is handier to get to.

I think it will be an absolute monster if I get up to 1.2bar or above - it's not much slower than the FD as it stands - it's the daily driver so want to keep it pretty safe, especially when it comes to the box and slap on the downshift - I'll keep you posted!

Back