2008 Subaru Impreza 2.0R non turbo

Don't know seanie . Not resetting the service light have no affect I'd say . Oil changes not being regular enough is probley a big cause . Don't know what the service inteverals are on them on probley 15k :facepalm:

Oil spec imo is cause re bmw 20d

And other known issues. Breather filter etc.

Then chain tensioner

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Engine out and 1000 or over to fix at an Indy . Diesel only pays when new . Drive it for 100/150k and get rid before the problems start .

Don't know seanie . Not resetting the service light have no affect I'd say . Oil changes not being regular enough is probley a big cause . Don't know what the service inteverals are on them on probley 15k :facepalm:

heard rumour down here local dealer was resetting service light but not oil quality after oil change causing constant failed regenerations while driving resulting in oil dilution and damage. dont know what truth is in it. long oil change intervals not helping as you said.

any modern diesel make sure correct C/E grade oil C1-C4 E4-E9 to deal with oil dilution

Last edited:
Why are they all manufacturers pushing for long oil services when it's the life of engine and ain't that expensive in comparison to leading to big engine trouble. Service history is nearly nonexistent with every day cars here kind of when it breaks get it done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why are they all manufacturers pushing for long oil services when it's the life of engine and ain't that expensive in comparison to leading to big engine trouble. Service history is nearly nonexistent with every day cars here kind of when it breaks get it done

its a selling point, less maintenance/cost to customer. once you are out of warranty good luck to you.
when they are servicing they are doing bare minimum, nothing to do with mechanic, it is specified in the service schedules what is to be done.

see pictures, i have seen this several times, 13 audi A4 2.0tdi 110k miles on it full Audi Service history air filter never changed since new, date on the filter

Attachments

• IMG_4085.JPG
    IMG_4085.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_4087.JPG
    IMG_4087.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_4088.JPG
    IMG_4088.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 46
  • audi.png
    audi.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 46
Full Audi service history . Piece of mind right there :facepalm:

trusted local or indy mechanic always a better job or do yourself if you can . But modern cars are being made that only main dealers can't service them :jack:

That's a shocker on Audi what about all these multi point checks load of bull not right. My dad bought his brand new fiesta recently 300€ for a service and then put the whillys up him about a tyre with a scrap out of side wall so he got it done over 380€ by time they finished up and I don't think they done plugs. Question if you don't get this service in main dealer is warranty void cause they told him this with last fiesta when it broke down because he got it done in local garage

Doesn’t affect warranty if oe equivalent quality parts are used. Competition laws prevent it

Doesn’t affect warranty if oe equivalent quality parts are used. Competition laws prevent it

No joke when it broke down old car had a break down assist on it when I rang up garage they asked me was it service by them I said no they said to keep warranty active has to be done by main dealer a few words incurred on phone about bull [emoji90]
bearing in mind was 2012 and when sold had 18000 km on it he tried to tell me a check by them it would of been ok I got it going was in limp mode so I disconnected battery left for few min and was grand after. But no piece of mind with parents driving it hence why it was traded in older people just want piece of mind but instead it's only about money with them

By the letter of the law it’s bull but sometimes not worth the worry or the argument for someone with a new car

Don't have to use main dealer parts to have warranty ?quality oe parts are perfect and some are the exact same only different sticker. Law has changed on this

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Stay away from the n47 2.0 diesel bmw’s from 07-12 in 1,3 and 5 series unless proof timing chain has been done

Same engine also used in the early F series 316d, 318d and 320d. Can't understand how they brought out a facelift but didn't change the engine until a year later.

Same engine also used in the early F series 316d, 318d and 320d. Can't understand how they brought out a facelift but didn't change the engine until a year later.

i replaced n47 engine in f10 5 series 2 weeks ago as a result of broken chain

i replaced n47 engine in f10 5 series 2 weeks ago as a result of broken chain

Yep. Friend of mine was about to drop big dollah on a '13 316d F series with shady service history and garage were reluctant to do the chain for him before buying "because it's just passed the NCT".

Told him to just walk away but his brother in law is a BMW fanboi that actually knows nothing about BMW and was filling his head with nonsense. Luckily he still took it for a test drive and he was so underwhelmed by it he turned back to the dealership after coming out of the retail park.

Back