Hamilton

ALAN83

May have broke Schumachers record for poles but more races these days , 7 world titles beats 3 ????
At spa last weekend seeing vetel wheel to wheel with Hamilton at over 300kph
.. Amazing

Seen Schumachers son doing lap in Benetton in spa ,some sound out of that car

look how can i argue,,,senna was a legend..,would have loved the wet in monza sat qualifyin

but 7 championships v 3

look how can i argue,,,senna was a legend..,would have loved the wet in monza sat qualifyin

but 7 championships v 3

along with schumacher has put a lot of the ground work in for where the mercs are today

Not to sound like I am belittling Hamilton's talent, (like him or not, he is as good as any of the drivers on the grid today), but the fact that he has been in the Mercedes since 2014 has really boosted his numbers. The Merc car for 3 years (2014, 2015 & 2016) has been without equal, and even this year it is only the Ferrari that has been able to challenge it. Ok to win the title you need to have the best car, etc. but no driver before has had a car that was so dominant for so many seasons. Also we have more races per season now too, etc. so hard compare to drivers off other era's just on pure numbers. He had 30 poles at the start of the 2014 season, so claimed his last 39 poles in 3 and a half seasons, compared to 30 in his previous 7 seasons.

But to be fair to Hamilton he has won in bad cars too, think he is the only driver on the grid to win a race every season he competed, and did not always have the best car, 2009 for example. So I do not begrudge him for his success with Mercedes, if he wasn't good enough they would not have hired him in the first place. But is he as good as a Schumacher, Senna, etc. that I do not think he is quite there yet.

but 7 championships v 3

Maybe so,but we will never know more records would have been broken by Senna til his untimely end

Don't forget Senna work on the nsx

Back