2001 Classic Impreza Sport Wagon Turbo Sport (WRX)

Ger

Octane Boostaholics
Hi for sale is my 2001 Subaru Impreza Sport Wagon Turbo Sport (WRX)

This is an Irish car from new and was registered by Subaru Ireland in Tallaght in July 2001
NCT 07/18
TAX 10/17
137,800 miles which will increase slightly as this is my daily driver

I bought the car in December 2012 and have done the following work since then

Replaced rocker cover gaskets left & right hand side
Replaced rocker spark surround gasket
Replaced inlet manifold gasket
All rocker cover bolts were replaced with new
Turbo intake pipe was replaced with a genuine Subaru pipe

All the above work was carried out by Dave at RSR Automotive

Front 4 pot calipers were fully re-manufactured by bigg red in the UK. Shot blasted back to bare metal
all parts replaced and polymer coated black.
Brembo discs all around & Godspeed kevlar pads
Front drop links replaced with genuine Subaru

Timing belt, timing tensioner, timing idler pulleys, thermostat & seal (11/2/14) @ 122,600
Replaced by Dave at RSR Automotive

Rear shocks & top shock mounts replaced with KYB parts
Whiteline rear C shaped droplinks & whiteline rear anti roll bar mount bushing (polybush)

Lambda sensor replaced by Finnegans Subaru in Ballymahon with genuine parts

Service
I replace the oil and filter every 3000 miles always using genuine Subaru oil filters and castrol gtx
The gearbox oil and rear diff oil are replaced every second year using oil supplied by Finnegans Subaru
The spark plugs are replaced every second year using NGK pfr6b as recommended by the manual
Air & fuel filters are replaced as per the manual

Oil & filter last replaced at 135,100 (04/03/17)
Spark plugs 136,760
Gearbox & rear diff oil 134,000
Air & fuel filter 132,640
Front pads replaced less than 4,000 miles ago with Ferodo pads

There are genuine Subaru floor mats in as new condition with 'Impreza' embroidered on the drivers mat
There is a genuine Subaru cargo boot tray in as new condition
There are four michelin pilot sport 3 tyres on the car which are about half way through their life
I always use Texaco fuel as I feel it works best in the car

This is a standard car with no modifications which is the way I wanted it and I have tried to keep it that way. The previous owner
replaced the intercooler with one from an sti and I changed out the side indicators for clear ones but I still have the original
orange ones which will go with the car

I am selling the car as my wife is being made redundant and our family circumstances have changed so I have bought a
small run about for a while. This is a car I always wanted but had to wait until I was doing a small commute to get it. It has been well looked after and is always warmed up and cooled down. I have an interest in detailing and the car is currently coated in chemical guys blacklight and topped with chemical guys pete 53 carnuba wax. A few years ago I had the roof, rear bumper and quarter panels re sprayed as there was a few marks on the paintwork, this was done to a high standard.

Being the final model in the 'classic' run this car got a few extras as standard such as crystal clear headlights and fog lights
colour coded door handles, intermittent wipers, 4 pot calipers and larger discs up front from the sti replacing the 2 pots,
and I believe but may be corrected on this 440cc yellow injectors from the sti and a stiffer suspension.

Asking price €3,750
Athlone area
087 9031623

Thanks Ger.

Reads like a real cared for car a bit of reassurance for new owner fair play glws.
Can't see your photos would probably help sale a bit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks lads appreciate the comments yes its a nice clean car to be fair cheers

i sold a skyline a few years ago due to similar circumstances ,i should have kept it i regret it all the time ,i know money might be tight but if you could just store it up somewhere for a few months you would be surprised whats just around the corner

anyway absolutely beauty i love the front bonnet on these they look so aggressive and an irish car and history good look pal

Thanks gttjohn have been toying with that idea too will see what happens. I know ill probably see one in a few years and start banging my head off a wall have a soft spot for the classic shape.

No longer for sale going to hold onto it I got a place to store it. Thanks for the enqiries and comments..

RSR and Finnegans history with everything genuine is a recipe for greatness. Glad you are able to hold onto it.

Back