Brakes and Racing harness

Zheiko

Octane Boostaholics
Following a great Track Day with the club, there is few technical questions I would love to get answered, as those were the lowpoints of my car handling, that held me back a tad bit, and I would like to get them addressed for the next time.

So first and foremost, was the braking fluid boiling issue. Even though I got myself vented rotors, braided lines, Project MU 800 brakepads(which never faded), the mushy and soft brake pedal was more than annoying, along with complete failure at lap 8, where the pedal just went to the floor and brakes didnt respond, there was just no pressure there.

What can I do to improve brake cooling? How is this issue addressed when there is race for 20+laps?

Second thing I want to do, is 4 or 5point harness. Is it possible to have 4 point harness without installing rollcage? Would there be a way to secure it on newage without one? I know that there is a bar on newage under the rear seat. Would that be strong enough to hook the harness there? I do not want to have the harness installed permanently, only for trackday, as the standard seat belt is just not enough for all the G-forces

In regards of brakes, get higher dot brake fluid with very high boiling point, it won't boils that easy.
Harness, I don't know. I will let experts answer that question.

Without being expert of any sort l think lve seen harnesses connected to the rear sit clamps. Dont know if they are any good just remember seen

Without being expert of any sort l think lve seen harnesses connected to the rear sit clamps. Dont know if they are any good just remember seen
I seen the same in the last week or so. Stuck in my mind as I never seen it before

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

As dave says rbf600 is the job, used it for years.
I would not fit seats/harness unless caging car, not a nice place to be if you roll the car and are fully secured to the seat and no roll cage fitted.

As dave says rbf600 is the job, used it for years.
I would not fit seats/harness unless caging car, not a nice place to be if you roll the car and are fully secured to the seat and no roll cage fitted.

Well, its still a daily driver - installing a rollcage is not an option. And figting the Gforces only with your arms holding to steering wheel, is less than ideal as well:)

Next time get the missus to wrap you to the seat with a stretch pallet wrap

You could try and get the Evo Recaros. They have more bolster to keep you in. I think the rails swap over but i'm not 100% sure.

also have the project mu pads which were great ( baz showed me how to use brakes properly, but he the better pilot ) , but like yourself i too stayed out for a lap or two too much and boiled brake fluid jus before lunch and last session before end , pedal to floor ,ZERO braking . both times i felt it cuming on and backed well off accelerator but by time iwas in paddock , pedal/floor

dave , u know what brake fluid i currently have in car??, as i have no clue , but will upgrade to above recomendation as dont want a repeat wait of over 1 hr to cool enough them to use .

was advised before from a saftey point of view . only use harness with a bucket built for it .

also have the project mu pads which were great ( baz showed me how to use brakes properly, but he the better pilot ) , but like yourself i too stayed out for a lap or two too much and boiled brake fluid jus before lunch and last session before end , pedal to floor ,ZERO braking . both times i felt it cuming on and backed well off accelerator but by time iwas in paddock , pedal/floor

dave , u know what brake fluid i currently have in car??, as i have no clue , but will upgrade to above recomendation as dont want a repeat wait of over 1 hr to cool enough them to use .

was advised before from a saftey point of view . only use harness with a bucket built for it .
Dont recall Mac when last got fluid.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

not

not a good idea to use full harness without a rollcage .. if you roll and the roof comes down , ur body cant tilt to the side .. hence injury / broken neck ...

What other ways to improve driver's seating position without installing roll cage? How heavy is roll cage? Is there a kind of rollcage that would not sacrifice rear seats?

I am afraid this is the kind of modification, I am not willing to do, as the car is mainly daily driver - only thing I am trying to improve is the seating comfort of driver on track.

I have rbf600 in and it's done 2 trips to the nurburg ring and 2 track days without fading. Never mind all the fast road driving as well. It's one of the best changes you can make to your car.

If you are hovering on the brake peddle as in staying on them to long you'll have issues , get your braking done as quickly as possible.
On and off them and always a cool down lap

no no:) I always brake at last possible moment, as hard as I can and then off of them as soon as I can - sure I am not perfect at it and often overbraking, but I get the idea of proper braking. Still, the fluid I have in them is probably not matching the rest of the setup. If you asked me what fluid I put in there, I would tell you that I have no idea :D so I am fairly positive this issue might be addressed with better fluid for the next track day:)

If you are hovering on the brake peddle as in staying on them to long you'll have issues , get your braking done as quickly as possible.
On and off them and always a cool down lap

Haha, brake like Baz. 20meters too far :) in fairness Baz is one of best drivers that I had pleasure to drive with, he knows what he is doing :)
Baz, where is video from lap on which both of us had brown pants??

no no:) I always brake at last possible moment, as hard as I can and then off of them as soon as I can - sure I am not perfect at it and often overbraking, but I get the idea of proper braking. Still, the fluid I have in them is probably not matching the rest of the setup. If you asked me what fluid I put in there, I would tell you that I have no idea :D so I am fairly positive this issue might be addressed with better fluid for the next track day:)

Ah ok man , change it see how you get on.

Back