Newage saloon wishbones fit a wagon?

scrappydoo

Sunday Drivers
I have an 02 bugeye GX wagon in need of a new front wishbone. I'm aware the wagon has a narrower track but don't know if the difference is in the wishbone length or the hub thickness.
Can anyone tell me if they are interchangeable between saloon and wagon, or would a forester wishbone fit?

Just found some threads on here about Subaru having a recall in 2012 to deal with this issue.
I wonder if they're likely to throw me a bone.
Still would like to know what other cars I can get a used part from.

Just to report back on this.
Subaru dealer was not very helpful, since my car is a UK import, he wasn't able to access recall info and advised me to contact a dealer in the UK to deal with it.
I found steel wishbones on ebay, €50 used or €120 new, both are advertised as being for 02 Impreza but no distinction made between saloon and wagon. Because I wasn't sure if either would fit, I took a chance on the cheaper gamble. It arrived the day after ordering. All mounting points were in the correct position for my car but the front bar of the wishbone was thicker, appeared to be from a car with a lower subframe so it would have fouled the subframe on mine. I was able to modify the front of the wishbone to fit, its doing the job for now but I'd still like to replace with new or better condition items.
I couldn't believe how bad the old wishbone was corroded, something I hadn't spotted and I'm lucky the NCT tester did. If it had failed at any kind of speed I would have been in trouble.

Jesus you got lucky there alright mate. I'm no help to you in that situation, but hope you get sorted lol chance your arm with another dealership, you'd never know ????

Contact Subaru directly instead of the dealer as there responsible for the brand
Failing that Subaru UK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The first call I made was to the contact no. on Subaru Ireland's website. The lady I spoke to told me that I would have to contact a dealer to find recall information.
The dealer I called next, he did say that there was a possibility they could carry out the recall work, if I could get a UK dealer to contact Subaru Ireland so that they would pay the dealer for the work. So I'd be wrong to say he was completely unhelpful, but its more hassle than its worth. I've tried to reason with Subaru Ireland and a dealer in the past over a faulty part and it was a waste of time. If one of them needs replacing again, it'd be easier to buy a new one and fit it myself.
I am going to need more OEM parts soon so I'll get in touch with a dealer in the north and inquire about the recall when I do.

Is there an online catalogue that covers UK models? The American one is good but models are different to here.

Back