2009 - 2014 Ford Fiesta 1.6 Diesel van - Any experience or info welcome!

JAMIE-TYPERV6

Octane Boostaholics
Hi all,

I need a small and cheap diesel run-around as I'm doing massive daily mileage at the moment. I've being looking at 2009 - 2014 Ford Fiesta vans as they seem to return good mileage... 60-70 mpg. I also like the look of most Fords!

Has anyone any experience with the 1.6 diesel variant? Are they reliable etc? What can go wrong etc. Or is the 1.4 a better engine...????

Any help , is greatly appreciated

Cheers,

J...

Dec should be around soon to give his experd ford opinion. But from what lve heard 1.6 was a big no-no

Hi Jamie stay away from a 1.6 unless it's the newer 2010 onwards 8v engine, they are a great engine the older 16v was junk gave outrageous amounts of trouble

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Cheers Dec for the advise.

It'll be a 2010 on.. so 8v 1.6 if I can find the right car. Whats the 1.4 like...? Gutless compared to 1.6 or is it ok...?

Great little engine but it is low on power, brilliant mpg though

Last edited:
Hi don't mean to thread jump but a ford question anyway maybe for Dec. So I bought a transit custom 170 Lwb limited spec 340 weight capacity back in April I was told would have it in end of August I rang two weeks ago to check with ford dealer only to be told they don't do limited spec in 340 model and would have to put in different order so won't get van till October. A lot of messing around to say the least as I can't figure how this only came up now. I asked could I get upgrade suspension from factory still now answer back on that and if I got it on after it could void warranty. Wanted higher spec cause I practically live in van 6 days a week and would have to drop a model to get extra load weight that i need any ideas [emoji362]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Gary pm me an exact spec and I will get our sales to look at it [emoji106]

Back