Aftermarket bov or Oem dv

Ciaran WRX

ISDC Club Member
This old chestnut [emoji6]

What's the opinion on this lads have a forge in last few years and like it but everything on web says oem dv make an run better any truth to it?

Anyone gone back to dv and noticed anything

Mapper told me be no issue ie wouldn't need tweek

Thinking a coat of Matt black on face of oem to freshen it up

Cheers
d837833287d148d563c9fd0ff0e1ae75.jpg
12e8574a2ed34e04f772cfe84a356c9e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I've ran an SSQV for over 8 years...
No issues at all.
Had 4 maps during the time... no problems.

Only have it for the noise really.... I love it!!

Only thing louder on full RPM than a Nur Spec R.. FACT!!!

There has been many opinions on this over the years ,I have run HKS BOVs for years and found the car to be more responsive compared to stock Dv ,obviously we are told from new that the DV is there for a reason and it does its job well... but we don't all play by the rules,and I run a HKS BOV because I love the sound and I'm still a kid [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wouldn't be a fan of the super squelchy , the forge recirculating valve is good , you still get noise but not as obnoxious

When l had my stock exhaust on for nct l discover brand new tunes of my hks bov that l never heard before :hammerhead:

I remember one of the trackdays someone's type r going down the straight with a unique sound. I think it was Andy's? Rerouted it to the intake or something? Can't remember exactly but sounded very different and I really liked it.

I remember one of the trackdays someone's type r going down the straight with a unique sound. I think it was Andy's? Rerouted it to the intake or something? Can't remember exactly but sounded very different and I really liked it.

Andy C I think his has no valve

When I had my blob eye wrx the adjustable run caused all kinds of trouble with idil and running rich as soon as I set it to the min setting it was grand again but to be fair it was a unknown brand (probably the issue right there) know a friend with a classic sti v5 with a hks one and never a issue

Back