Advice ?

Michell97

I have a 97 Impreza was hit head on by a truck in my bora and has made me nervous being on the road and am wondering if anyone knows if the Impreza would b a strong car to scerd to drive it incase I get hit agin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 97 Impreza was hit head on by a truck in my bora and has made me nervous being on the road and am wondering if anyone knows if the Impreza would b a strong car to scerd to drive it incase I get hit agin

Not anywhere near as much as a modern car. What year was the Bora? It'd be similar performance but keep in mind it's a 20 year old chassis now.

I'd recommend seeing your GP to deal with PTSD properly. I crashed my Impreza at Mondello with the missus in the passenger seat and she was badly affected by it. Even on the road she's very tetchy but improving slowly.

Don't expect to be able to jump straight back in, but also don't stay out of the seat too long as you may worsen things for yourself.

Small steps of driving a little bit further and on different roads day by day, week by week, etc.

Take your time and all the best.

Not anywhere near as much as a modern car. What year was the Bora? It'd be similar performance but keep in mind it's a 20 year old chassis now.

I'd recommend seeing your GP to deal with PTSD properly. I crashed my Impreza at Mondello with the missus in the passenger seat and she was badly affected by it. Even on the road she's very tetchy but improving slowly.

Don't expect to be able to jump straight back in, but also don't stay out of the seat too long as you may worsen things for yourself.

Small steps of driving a little bit further and on different roads day by day, week by week, etc.

Take your time and all the best.

Was on the road to my house had my girlfriend in the car whit me to she dealing whit fine I have been driving since was back on the road for a few weeks but off road at the min Cas of insurce isue and it was a 02 bora the crash was only at low speed I was nearly at a stop the truck hit the car at 27 mph the gards rounded it to 30 mph the hole frame of car is twisted

Last edited:
My dad always to me when driving look out for the other fools on the road and be aware. The amount of small things this phase has saved me by me thinking about other drivers. I have been rear ended twice before if I hear a skidding wheels I get a shiver but u need to just get out and about there's no other way or maybe something way back that it has triggered I'll admit I feel car sick if I am a passenger for long trips don't know what it is used to put it down to not being in control I think

That's solid advice from johnRA
In fairness most cars will come out worst against a truck and I'm sure it was a frightening expirence.
Take whatever precautions you need while driving to make yourself feel safe, maybe even get a driving lesson if it helps your confidence.
If you still feel scared to drive definitely talk to your doctor about it
:thumbsup:

Back