legacy 2005 twinscroll service questions

gttjohn

Sunday Drivers
hi guys i have all the bits and pieces for a service ,4 long plugs ,oil filter ,semi synth oil ,air filter
now im kinda shitting it im not to bad with a spanner but i havent serviced one of these before so

1 where is the oil filter located.
2 do i have to take the battery washer bottle and air box out to get to the plugs ,do i have to do anything with engine mounts
3.changing the brake fluid is it as simple as using a one man bleed kit and just keep pushing the pedal and topping up the reservoir untill it is lovely and clean
4 the air filter seames easy enough

i just dont want to start this and then find i made a mistake or could have saved myself halve a day doing it the right way so if any of you have owned a jdm 2005 legacy turbo single turbo and serviced it please tell me everything you know ,regards john

Should be using full synthetic oil.

You'll see the filter as soon as you get under. Make sure new filter came with new crush ring for the drain plug.

Plugs can be a pig. Small hands and might have a bit of jiggery with lifting the engine from underneath but not needed if you've the right tools. Taking the battery and washer bottle out makes life easier alright.

Brakes if you have a self bleed kit or another person to help. Start with the wheel furthest from the reservoir. Don't let the reservoir go below min. Small tube on top of the bleed nipple and measure in to a bottle how much you're taking out.

Cy3 is a tight job on them

Oil Subaru are using 5/30 semi on them

We recommend 10/40 Motul fully

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Thank you very much for all the advice lads
I have a good idea of what to do now that cylinder 3 has me a bit worried but as long as I just take my time and stop for a Bruce Lee halve way through should be fine
Thanks again

Thank you very much for all the advice lads
I have a good idea of what to do now that cylinder 3 has me a bit worried but as long as I just take my time and stop for a Bruce Lee halve way through should be fine
Thanks again

When are you planning on doing it John and where are you in Dublin? I might be able to pop up and give a hand.

That's mighty kind of you John I'll servicing it in my job and the director is a petrol head same as us so he's gonna lend a hand if I get stuck ,and we have all sorts of forktrucks to lift it up with ???? . The looks I got from a costomer the last time I put a decat on my silvia,priceless , Thanks again John very kind offer

Back