Red paint

andykane84

Sunday Drivers
What's the best paint or closest you can buy for the intake manifold guys?? Wanna do mine again

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

VHT Candy red

VHT Do candy red now also,thats it done on my B4 Legacy,done it around a month ago.

Attachments

• IMAG0171.jpg
    IMAG0171.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 99
  • IMAG0031.jpg
    IMAG0031.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 93
sourced

we have sourced red crinkle paint that we believe to be as close to the oem colour as you will get .. if you strip ur manifold and want to sent it up , we can blast and paint it for you ..

How long do ya reckon it'd take to take off the inlet and paint it and re fit it then? Would ye be in and out in half a day ish?

Ali, I think with lads asking for turnaround time, it might help to have a swap in/swap out? Prep a few and the minute you receive a manifold post one out that's already been done. Get a few ready on the shelf, that finish is absolutely gorgeous! :thumbsup:

was for sale

That engine bay looks tasty man.
Did I see that up for sale?
Yes had it up for sale for 3 days on done deal,just wanted to see any interest out there,got 2k views 20 saves but no calls,so took it down,love car put alot off work into her,so not going to let her go cheap,quite happy to keep her Eoin.

Cant be done on a certain time scale,if doing work yourself.

Good idea John but I meant if you were to strip and paint your own one
Why im saying that is it can get complicated in the fact alot can go wrong taken out manifold yourself,first you need to have spare manifold and throttle body gaskets beforehand,spare hoses and hose clamps,why,because when you start stripping engine bay off an older car you can find that hoses,clamps, gaskets,fuel injectors,seals,fuel lines are worn or break off,if you have never stripped out a manifold before take pictures off everything you take off and where it was positioned as trust me very helpfull when putting all back together,prep,spraying manifold the easy bit compared to the stripping and reassembly,but even spraying yourself a 2 day job as paint will need to be baked,dryed overnight.I would advice getting your manifold sprayed by somebody like Ali Burrows motorsport that have an advert on this page,as there work looks quality,im a ex 30 year car sprayer restorer is only reason i done my own myself.
JOCK

Back