Is This The Future? Hope Not!

bang

ISDC Club Member
With all the recent media on the electric/hybrid revolution how would you feel about driving around in an electric Scooby?
Personally I think Hydrogen is the fuel that will stick over electric or hybrid

http://www.electricsubaru.com/ (Subaru with no rumble!) :banghead:

Video on Facebook of electric car street racing somewhere in the states

leaving everything behind

:smokin:

Its going slowly thay way but l would not be worrying too much as it wont happen in our lifetime. Plus the only way for the 1% to hold us down is by a fossil dependency and they wont let that go easily :54:

An all-new Subaru WRX STI All-Electric performance car is coming; The question is when.

There is a new EV revolution that’s already here and it will impact WRX STI performance fans in a big way. There will be a new Subaru WRX STI all-electric sports car, the only question is when. It’s coming to all automakers as the tipping point for the industry has been reached. 2016 will be known as the year when automakers committed to the technology.

Performance enthusiasts will need to change their perception of the new technology and get ready for the paradigm shift to an all-electric future. The technology isn’t being driven by consumer demand, but by circumstance, politics and regulation. Automakers around the globe have reached the point where they have accepted the inevitability of a future that is substantially electric.

How will this Impact Subaru?

When Subaru announced their new Global Platform with the introduction of the 2017 Impreza, they also said the new platform will support, gasoline, hybrid, plug-in hybrid and all-electric drivetrains. A plug-in hybrid and a new all-electric Subaru vehicle is coming soon. Both are in the pipeline now. Yasuyuki Yoshinaga, CEO of Fuji Heavy, told Automotive News, the vehicles are already on the drawing board.

According to Japan’s Nikkan Asian Review, Subaru will likely produce an all-electric crossover by the year 2021. If reports are accurate, Subaru plans to launch the electric all-wheel-drive crossover in the U.S. by 2021 to further meet more stringent emissions regulations. Subaru won’t produce an all-new vehicle, it will likely be an existing model in the lineup.

Subaru has already said they will introduce their first plug-in hybrid to meet U.S. zero emissions vehicle regulations that take effect in 2018. Subaru dropped the Crosstrek Hybrid, but it should be revived when they launch the new-generation Crosstrek crossover which is the next Subaru model due for a remodel after the 2017 Impreza.

As automakers are going all-in for an all-electric future, Subaru will need to make the transition to an all-electric lineup. With the performance car segment, a new term called “eco-performance” will be the norm soon. It’s coming a lot sooner than anyone imagined. An all-electric Subaru WRX STI is coming too. It’s just a matter of when it will arrive.

I wouldnt worry to much, we will still be moding our cars. Just in a different way. Talk of bigger turbo will be replaced by talk of a bigger capacitor or batteries. Thicker power cables to the motor. Eletric engines make massive torque and cars can still be very fast. But until the city can provided enough cheap power and power outlets petrol will be around for awhile. I think what we will see is a lot more hybrid hot hatches. This way eletric motor around town and petrol when u want to go fast

Just watching this and l felt uneasy. You foing a big build spending lots of money climbing horses and torques and and you come across this piece of $hit that doesnt even sound right( well no sound at all) and you get your arse whooped:

https://youtu.be/ARzujfRiQ3c

The awd got a few of them cars I thought the gtr would have done it but that's some power just instant. Modifying American muscle cars is huge over there they won't like the electric yoke. was in one here that my mate was fixing up some power out of it I thought that was fast I'll try and put a pic up later of the car it's a beast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lad in work has one of them little BMW ones it's a rocket off the linebmw-i3-electric-car-2014-01.jpg

This little thing

Attachments

• bmw-i3-electric-car-2014-01.jpg
    bmw-i3-electric-car-2014-01.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 60
Back