What hot hatch?

What's the difference between the rs and st engines do they share anything in common ??
Great the other one sold Dan good luck with the house hunting

What's the difference between the rs and st engines do they share anything in common ??
Great the other one sold Dan good luck with the house hunting

The block is the same, but sleeves,rods,and piston are different

Most ST have RS mods done ie clutch, rods and piston and block mod

RS can go 420/440 ish without needing forging
ST requires block mod on over 300

Personally I don't believe in buying a car with deposit, If i want a car i will have spent weeks ahead of time investigating what insurance or tax or even service parts would cost before hand and once i'm satisfied i make sure i have the full amount in cash, i commit to looking at the car if its not to my standards (condition both mechanically and aesthetically) I walk away, If it is i pay the owner and drive away, It saves a lot of ball ache and messing about both people come to an agreement to view the car and test drive it but both need to know there is no obligation to buy, if an appointment is made stick to it, and disclose if there is other interested parties involved, that way every one knows where they stand, especially if the new buyer has travel costs incurred coming to view the car, to come all that way at significant cost only to be told you loose the deposit is BS IMO.

Every car ive bought i left deposit 100/200euro , if for some reason deal didnt happen i would not expect deposit back
Because A) I wouldnt leave it if i hadnt cash to buy... B) wouldnt leave it if i couldnt insure it.. and C) a lot of people talk sh*t and they say they will buy this and that :smileys-phone-50406 i like to leave a deposit as if deal is sealed

Bought an impreza of isdc member last year and that how it played out also...

As for hot hatch audi a3 3.2 quattro , the st or anything doesnt compare ! pick them up cheap now , tax a stinger but soundof that 6 cylinder :notworthy: 250bhp out of the box

S3 3.2 sounds great but it's the 2.0 turbo model with a standard 265 bhp is the one to get . 300bhp with remap and exhaust . All the creature comforts and all well speccd

still on the search lots of rough ST's around. Had a look at one today, luckily i had a lad with me that new what to look out for on them and possibly had internal coolant leak issues, cracked liners. I was nearly gonna do the deal there and he said get a garage to look at it, your man drove off like a lunatic and offered it to someone else for 500 quid less than lowest price for me. Must be trying to get rid of it quick and we caught him out

Search continues

Back