What hot hatch?

Had a look at that black st this evening. But the body work just wasnt in good enough condition for me. drove well, had stage 1 remap but would have taken too much to get right.

The search continues...

I'd go for the white or black ST. Being near Phil's RS, the white really pops when taken care of.

Certainly does pop lol

ST a very underrated car, but stage 1 mods bring them to life, if over 300 ask them if block mod is done

Fitted a 13 ft trampoline (flat pack) in the RS and still had plenty of room, as said the tax a killer but for
Sounds and fun it's worth it

Certainly does pop lol

ST a very underrated car, but stage 1 mods bring them to life, if over 300 ask them if block mod is done

Fitted a 13 ft trampoline (flat pack) in the RS and still had plenty of room, as said the tax a killer but for
Sounds and fun it's worth it

Yeah i think the options of a clean one are slowly reducing. The white one on donedeal is the best example i have seen so far.

Is the ST white the same as RS?

Ive heard about the need for block mod but heard it can occur at any power level/mileage. I wonder is it a job you could do yourself. Head needs to come off and then pop the shims in is pretty simple. Wonder if it could be a DIY jobbie. Is it possible to do the block mod without having to remove the timing belt i wonder.

Yeah i think the options of a clean one are slowly reducing. The white one on donedeal is the best example i have seen so far.

Is the ST white the same as RS?

Ive heard about the need for block mod but heard it can occur at any power level/mileage. I wonder is it a job you could do yourself. Head needs to come off and then pop the shims in is pretty simple. Wonder if it could be a DIY jobbie. Is it possible to do the block mod without having to remove the timing belt i wonder.

Looks like the same frozen white,and it's face lifted too. Plenty available on FB groups for the ST

Can be a DIY job, usually the block mod is done as sleeves vary in ST and RS
The belt will need to come off as the usually replace it and aux belt

Looks like the same frozen white,and it's face lifted too. Plenty available on FB groups for the ST

Can be a DIY job, usually the block mod is done as sleeves vary in ST and RS
The belt will need to come off as the usually replace it and aux belt

Yeah its the only facelift i can see for sale down south. If i could get him down to 7k i would probably go for it, few niggly things i could use to bargain with

For me Dan Seat Leon Cupra R, 2007/2008, 240 bhp standard, two on done deal, silver and red one, great cars that get great reviews and well within your budget, tax is 630 for a 2008 one

Never owned one but drive one and very impresed by it, just my opinion????

For me Dan Seat Leon Cupra R, 2007/2008, 240 bhp standard, two on done deal, silver and red one, great cars that get great reviews and well within your budget, tax is 630 for a 2008 one

Never owned one but drive one and very impresed by it, just my opinion????

Havent seen them before, interesting find alright. Red one is nice!

Seems like those Cupras pack a punch 240hp out of the box and easily remaps to 300 with a revo stage 1. Same engine as the similar aged s3, just with more torque steer.

Anyone around Waterford that would be willing to go have a look at it? He told me he is Seat technician the last 10 years and its in great condition, small bit of lacquer peel on bonnet and fuel cap but mechanically sound.

https://www.donedeal.ie/adview/view/16109343

Last edited:
Where were all of these cars when I was buying 7 weeks ago or so :D No cupra's or 5 door ST's then.

Anyway, Cupra should be a decent car to drive as long as is a good example. No harm check insurance first though in case loading for the cupra. The FR for me was cheaper to insure than my 2.0 Diesel Mondeo it replaced, hopefully the cupra would be the same. ST's from guys I know that have them are not hard to insure either.

Nice looking car bonnet spray about 250 with the cap then she be perfect...and a quick yoke

My first choice would be the ST as well, As for the rest I detest all French cars except for the Megane performance models, but only because they are very fast, they're not very reliable and parts are expensive if you consider how common they are!
As for the VAG's I've always hated the Golf GTI's because they are way over rated and way overpriced for what you actually get, In fact I don't think it's fair to call any Golf a Gti since the MK2! They're priced like an Audi RS but its far from it, the SEAT is more reasonably priced and still puts out decent performance it may look and feel cheap but that's because it is cheap(er) than the Golf, however still well built in my opinion and lets face it I've always liked the underdog. I even find the Skoda more appealing than the Golf My choice in order of preference:

1.Focus ST:icon_pray:
2.Fiesta ST
3.Seat FR (Cupra if you can find one):049:
4.Skoda VRS
5.Golf:mooner:
6. Any French car...:icon_pukeplue:

Many of you will probably disagree with me but its just my humble opinion.

Just spotted this on DoneDeal

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/focus-st-3-door/16154984

Looks good, never saw it around though. St3 and all

Yep been onto him already. its a NI car originally, nice few mods. got someone local to have a look at it for me. seems to be in pretty good shape. He said someone else is interested from cork, might try put a deposit on it to hold it for a few days

Lad that was supposed to take my a7 today said it will be tomorrow or Friday at the latest. He better not pull out at this stage or ill bash him!

I wouldn't pull the trigger until the deal on the Audi is done and dusted Dan ..

I know im stupid for not taking a deposit on the a7, my own noobie error there. I sent him a message saying looking cash is king send me a 200 quid deposit to seal the deal and i know its genuine

Back