What hot hatch?

I had taken 600 cash deposit on my car Saturday for full asking price. He was to get insurance sorted this week and collect during the week. Turns out he couldn't get an insurance quote so have to give deposit back! I wonder sometimes the point of deposits[emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Payment was sent to my account, its still processing since out of office hours though. When it clears ill drop the car to him, if that doesnt go through, we will go to the bank to do it

Are you actually obliged to give it back as in you could say that you had a lad come look at it serious buyer and you had to turn him away cos another guy had left a deposit

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Well I did have a guy text me about it and I told him it was provisionally sold. I text him back to say it's for sale again and no reply [emoji20]

Thats what i mean man that lad couldve been a serious buyer but you told him it was provisionally sold,so as such possibly losing two sales

Payment was sent to my account, its still processing since out of office hours though. When it clears ill drop the car to him, if that doesnt go through, we will go to the bank to do it

Can't argue with that if it's full payment and all cleared. My situation was slightly different as I still have the 600 deposit but he is calling back for it Saturday!

Thats what i mean man that lad couldve been a serious buyer but you told him it was provisionally sold,so as such possibly losing two sales

I know man but what do ya do! Kinda feel bad for him too as he really wanted the car. Under 25 with a claim a few years ago didn't help his case.

Yep but that's life!
Back on topic I'd be going for the ST also Dan as they seem like a good reliable car with good power[emoji106]

Can't argue with that if it's full payment and all cleared. My situation was slightly different as I still have the 600 deposit but he is calling back for it Saturday!

In most of cars i bought I wouldn't expect deposits back if I changed my mind that I just didn't want it but most people are serious who give deposit but if he can't get insurance on car I would give back 600 or 500 at least I think he would understand about time and loss of another sale and with anything I have ever sold first come first serve when I bought Suburu I gave 200 deposit and he had me sign I wouldn't get it back if i didn't buy it after he got the nct done and passed. I sold a trailer that was the worst 3 months of tyre kicking on that then one lad rang 2hours later gone no bulls**t sold that's the way it goes sometimes take a smaller deposit and tell them no refunds it will cut out wasters

so ive narrowed the current st selection down to these two. Different setups

06 blue 3 door(4.2k):

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/ford-focus-st/15873044

Mint interior, body work ok for age, some bad repair on passenger quarter panel, had a boost leak on it when i drove it but should be fixed tomorrow.(split intercooler pipe) only 1 key, wheels could do with a refurbish

08 white 5 door(7.5k):
https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/ford-focus-st/16083965

Facelift version so newer spec, with ESP, xenon lights etc, couple of useful mods, decent tyres, wheels could do with a refurbish, only 1 key. Needs rear tints to make it look less 5 door and more like an ST

In most of cars i bought I wouldn't expect deposits back if I changed my mind that I just didn't want it but most people are serious who give deposit but if he can't get insurance on car I would give back 600 or 500 at least I think he would understand about time and loss of another sale and with anything I have ever sold first come first serve when I bought Suburu I gave 200 deposit and he had me sign I wouldn't get it back if i didn't buy it after he got the nct done and passed. I sold a trailer that was the worst 3 months of tyre kicking on that then one lad rang 2hours later gone no bulls**t sold that's the way it goes sometimes take a smaller deposit and tell them no refunds it will cut out wasters

Oh have no problem giving the lad his full 600. As I said I kinda feel sorry for him. I agree with you on the smaller no refundable deposit[emoji106]
I didn't ask for deposit he nearly forced it on me and said he would have given more if the ATM would let him take it out[emoji16]
Anyway no real harm done.

White one all the way Dan - have a thing for white cars

Tints - €150
Wheel refurb €320 odd
Key €80 odd

Looks great

In most of cars i bought I wouldn't expect deposits back if I changed my mind that I just didn't want it but most people are serious who give deposit but if he can't get insurance on car I would give back 600 or 500 at least I think he would understand about time and loss of another sale and with anything I have ever sold first come first serve when I bought Suburu I gave 200 deposit and he had me sign I wouldn't get it back if i didn't buy it after he got the nct done and passed. I sold a trailer that was the worst 3 months of tyre kicking on that then one lad rang 2 hours later gone no bulls**t sold that's the way it goes sometimes take a smaller deposit and tell them no refunds it will cut out wasters

Personally I don't believe in buying a car with deposit, If i want a car i will have spent weeks ahead of time investigating what insurance or tax or even service parts would cost before hand and once i'm satisfied i make sure i have the full amount in cash, i commit to looking at the car if its not to my standards (condition both mechanically and aesthetically) I walk away, If it is i pay the owner and drive away, It saves a lot of ball ache and messing about both people come to an agreement to view the car and test drive it but both need to know there is no obligation to buy, if an appointment is made stick to it, and disclose if there is other interested parties involved, that way every one knows where they stand, especially if the new buyer has travel costs incurred coming to view the car, to come all that way at significant cost only to be told you loose the deposit is BS IMO.

Back